Dog Boots

myboyjosh

Hi

We are heading to the mainland soon and have been warned about bindies and 3 corner jacks. So was wondering if dogs boots would help our boy and if so what would be the best brand.

Thanks

myboyjosh

Hi

We are heading to the mainland soon and have been warned about bindies and 3 corner jacks. So was wondering if dogs boots would help our boy and if so what would be the best brand.

Thanks

myboyjosh

guess it depends on where you'll be living, and what areas you will be taking your dog :)

I would not imagine most ovals/parks to be a prickle worry ..nor made footpaths or beaches ...

I live inland, rural , and the ground is covered with several different prickly things .

Luckily the dogs grow up with them ..get thick tough pads fairly quickly , & just stop to pull out prickles when they need to ;)

Jonah arrived in the outback with beach feet and took about 6 months to get used to the rocky dirt and how to avoid the thorny plants. Been 2 years now and he is ok, they get thorns in there feet and I pull them out or sometimes if I am too slow they chew them out

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Jonah arrived in the outback with beach feet and took about 6 months to get used to the rocky dirt and how to avoid the thorny plants. Been 2 years now and he is ok, they get thorns in there feet and I pull them out or sometimes if I am too slow they chew them out

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Our pups quickly learn to pull out their own prickles ..and their pads toughen up quickly :)

Thanks for the advice everyone. Last time we were over there on holiday Josh really suffered from the nasty ones hence the reason for asking which boots would be the best. Im not sure he will adapt as where we live we have grass all year round and we live near the beach so his feet are pretty soft.

cheers for now

myboyjosh

Thanks for the advice everyone. Last time we were over there on holiday Josh really suffered from the nasty ones hence the reason for asking which boots would be the best. Im not sure he will adapt as where we live we have grass all year round and we live near the beach so his feet are pretty soft.

cheers for now

myboyjosh

That describes Jonah, he adapted and runs all over the bush in places he wouldnt go when we 1st got here

Walking on sand/footpaths etc regularly will naturally dry out and toughen his pads :)

for sure short term he will ouch a bit ... he will also learn very quickly where to walk , and how to remove stuff from his feet . Dogs are far more adept at this sort of adaptation then we are ;)

I bought Therapaws boots for my whippet, who had a corn surgically removed from her pad, they were recommended by the greyhound vet who did the surgery.

She is now supposed to wear them when walking on hard ground, roads etc, they took a while to wear in and for her to get used to them, but they are very well designed to protect the feet.