Introducing Preston

*kirty*

This is Preston. ???? He is a 14yo Toy Poodle and he is completely blind. I *accidentally* brought him home last week lol. He has fitted in so well and is the most gorgeous little man. He comes everywhere with me and sleeps cuddled up with me in bed (along with the other dogs!). He gets up and down from the beds and couch and navigates the backyard already. He is such a little trooper, barely notice he is there!

CYMERA_20160515_232019.jpg

CYMERA_20160515_231830.jpg

CYMERA_20160515_231407.jpg

Guest crazydoglady99

Hahaha **accidentally**. Just beautiful, look at them snuggling together. He looks happy :) good job Kirty!

He looks very content.

Iggy Mum fostered a little dog a couple of years ago that had just had surgery to remove both of her eyes. She still had the stitches in. She didn't know IM or her dogs and yet learned very quickly to navigate her way around the house, up and down the back steps and around the yard. She came with IM to Wogdogarama and immediately started heading off to explore. She was amazing. She got adopted and as far as I know is leading a wonderful life with her family to this day.

Dogs are incredible how they learn to cope.

Edited by Kirislin

awww, gotta love a new "Hot water bottle" at this time of year. :thumbsup:

This looks like a match that was just waiting to happen, and I am sure everyone is very happy with the new arragements. Thank you for doing this for our oldies, and for yourself, Kirty. as I am sure the rewards are numerous.

Cheers Di

Edited by tikira

• 2 weeks later...

he is beautiful!

I am also always amazed at the longevity of poodles. I know two who recently passed at 17 and 18yo.

could only hope for the same with my cavs.

I adopted a toy poodle some years ago (long term DOLers may remember my threads about Rover). Turned out he was three weeks off his 17th birthday. He graced our home for another three years with no signs of aging until a month before he died at nearly 20.

What a darling old man. I'm glad he's coping so well with such a big change. :)

Preston isn't old. He's only middle aged. :laugh: :laugh:

He is gorgeous, kirty. We should all have accidents like that :D :D