Pet Pads For Dogs With Incontinence

Have you tried the medication for her Helen? It worked for my Cav for a while but is not working now, unfortunately. Others have told me it worked for them for many years.

yep we have been down that route. My vet believe that per pain meds are allowing her to skeep deeply and thus the wetting. She has improved over the past few days. she does not leak at all otherwise...

H

My Sarah, almost 15 year old westie occasionally wets during deep sleep. Both my standard vet and chiro vet think its to do with nerve problems in her back. She gets very distressed when it happens.So at night she sleeps on a Conni pet pad on my bed and wears knickers and a poise pad. Problem solved.

• 2 years later...

How do you keep these conni pads on a bitch?  Lately my girl will sometimes get up from sleeping & one hip will be dripping wet as if she may have peed herself.  It doesn't smell, but I think my sense of smell is not as good as it used to be

I would be buying some vet bed to place on top ,that is what we use when raising puppies & have used it with our elderly dogs ,still requires washing but absorbs the wee & still gives a nice cosy bed to sleep on & drys very quickly aall weather when washed

Thanks Dogsfevr.  We have been away for two weeks & the first time I noticed it was the day that we left & now again on our first day back.  Both times it has been when she has come out of the outdoor kennel.  But I just had a feel of her bed, which is in my bedroom & it was damp & reeks or pee.  Poor old thing, she has been in the wars a bit lately.  Can I get these pee pads from any pet store or only online?? I will get her tested as soon as I can at the vets.

14 minutes ago, sheena said:

OK..so I have been doing some googling & these are actually pads that they lie on.  I am looking more for some sort of panti that will hold a pad

try searching bitches britches and similar, plenty of people are making them but I don't have any links. If you are on Facebook ask a breed page for the them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thistle the Best Dog said:

I bought a reusable dog diaper from pet barn :) I pop it in the wash in the morning. Then I dint have to remember to buy pads because it has an inbuilt one!

Works well alongside medication to keep T1 dry and her beds pee free. 

I've just been to town & went to Pet Stock.  They didn't have any diapers, but they sold me some pee pads to put on her bed. If I had known I would have popped down to Pet Barn, but now I am not going any where near town till after Christmas.  I did look at the many assorted types of baby nappies in the supermarket & wondered how they would go if a hole was cut for the tail??  Maybe someone here has tried it & could guide me towards the right type. By the way, TBD...what medication did your dog go on?