Dogsvictoria Aggressive Dog Testing

methink

As far as I know, dogs are only suspended after a complaint has been laid against that dog of aggression at a Dogs Vic event, the complaint having been investigated and upheld by the Dogs Vic rep at that event.

It would make sense that a suspension, once made, can only be lifted by that dog passing a temperament test as set by Dogs Vic.

I would imagine that once the paperwork regarding the suspension has been served on the dog's owner that details of temperament testing, appeals etc. would be included on that paperwork.

Does anyone know the procedures of DogsVictoria's aggressive dogs' temperament test ?

Do you mean for dogs that have been suspended for aggression and after their suspension is up what testing is done to be readmitted to the discipline of choice.

As far as I know, dogs are only suspended after a complaint has been laid against that dog of aggression at a Dogs Vic event, the complaint having been investigated and upheld by the Dogs Vic rep at that event.

It would make sense that a suspension, once made, can only be lifted by that dog passing a temperament test as set by Dogs Vic.

I would imagine that once the paperwork regarding the suspension has been served on the dog's owner that details of temperament testing, appeals etc. would be included on that paperwork.

Documents can be found on DV website in Members area under Affiliates Forms.............Dog Incidents

Owner of suspended dog is advised of procedure both at enquiry and by letter

Assessment (fee payable) is done by a panel of three persons selected by whatever discipline offence occurred in, under similar circumstances to when offence occurred

All states have some sort of assessment before reinstating dogs........notice of suspension is required to go on ANKC website and all states recognise each other ie. suspended dog is suspended nationally and virtually does not exist until reinstated.

DV have a different approach, we refer to dog incidents and have levels of offence, we penalise unruly behaviour which is meant to be a wake-up call to owners that they need to think about their management. Tt works and saves potential worse behaviour in a positive helpful way. Previously a dog was aggressive or not and nothing could be done about the disruptive ones or their thoughtless owners

The system is currently under review, some tweaking going on :-)

I think you will need to contact Dogs Victoria directly. As Willem's google search has demonstrated behavioural assessments are a dime a dozen. As far as I understand the situation where the alleged incident occurred will be recreated and the dog's behaviour reported - but how/what isn't specified.

Here is the link to Rules and Regs http://www.dogsvictoria.org.au/AboutUs/ConstitutionRulesRegs.aspx

Look under "Dog Incidents"

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I think you will need to contact Dogs Victoria directly. As Willem's google search has demonstrated behavioural assessments are a dime a dozen. As far as I understand the situation where the alleged incident occurred will be recreated and the dog's behaviour reported - but how/what isn't specified.

Here is the link to Rules and Regs http://www.dogsvictoria.org.au/AboutUs/ConstitutionRulesRegs.aspx

Look under "Dog Incidents"

...just for the records: I usually use bing instead of google :)