A Little Extra Security

Pjrt

For the last month or so for various reasons I have been leaving Gruf at home instead of bringing him to work with me each day. Whenever he's home alone he has access to the whole yard and the laundry & bathroom areas of the house via his doggy door. He is separated from the main part of the house with a 1 metre baby gate. I am fortunate that he is not a dog to really test his boundaries and he is more than easy with the baby gate and being home alone etc. however, it occurred to me that through no fault of his, if the baby gate failed because I had failed to double check it was engaged correctly, or he leaned on it and it popped open or whatever, and he gained access to the main house, the gate would shut behind him and he would effectively be locked in the main house until I got home. I am away 12 to 14 hrs on work days so I really don't like the idea of him accidentally ending up in the main house with no access to water, appropriate toilet or any supervision!

I'd been looking around for an extra layer of security that was quick easy to install and uninstall on a needs basis. I came across these little gems at Bunnings. Pretty much a reversible reusable cable tie system.

They come in three sizes that I saw, super tiny, quite small and this one that is shown in the pics is a bit bigger. The super tiny ones might be handy to erect temporary puppy pens and join panels etc.

It works a treat and gives me that little bit extra peace of mind when I leave each day.

post-48894-0-35562600-1463882189_thumb.jpeg

He looks like he's in jail! What a happy detainee ;)

I've got some extra bits of security from bunnings too - They are in the baby proofing section and are these little white straps to keep doors from being opened. They keep the sliding door to the kitchen shut a treat and the fridge door shut :thumbsup: Bless bunnings