Timber Floor

Monchichi

Hi All,

hope I can pick up some of your knowledge. this is rather different question as per normal I guess.

However, if you can give me suggestion...much appreciated.

Bought new house recently and will be ripping up the carpet before we move in. If the timber underneath the whole house is good, then we will just polish it. If not, maybe carpet again. I prefer to have timber floor than carpet, as easier to clean the fur..though it means I have to clean it more regularly than carpet :laugh:

So if the timber is good..is there some special coating base that I need to avoid to use? so the floor not too slippery for my dog?

water based? solvent based? oil based? which one?

I know I can ask the tradie that will do the polish...however, if you had done your floor and can give suggestion much appreciated.

I found floating floorboard at my in law's place is not good, as my dog slips so many times there (while running accidently).so I will not use any floating floorboard if possible, if the timber underneath is no good.

she had been to few houses with solid polished timber floors, and hardly slip. Though the house owners not sure what coating had been used, as they purchased the house already with that polished floor.

thanks!