Identifying Collection Of Am Bulldogs On Property

Powerlegs

Thought it best to put here as the rescue section is pretty much dead. But I was asked to post.

So I'm talking Oscar's Law here sorry, but this needs to get more coverage.

More details of the full story have been posted naming names, which you can read if you feel inclined but I'm only interested in sharing the album in case anyone can identify or has seen one of these dogs on FB groups and pages relating to pound release and transport or on FTGH / Lost/ Stolen dogs.

Please don't name anyone or their rescue because the thread will have to be removed. Request mods remove if you feel this is inappropriate. No hard feelings. :)

Dogs in album; (partially derailed by arguments about chaining)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1298216046873232.1073741880.135173789844136&type=3

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the chained dogs - blind bight album?

Are you asking this to be shared with lost/found groups on Facebook?

I'm confused about the situation but it appears you cannot say more?

Were the dogs stolen or something?

Edited by Papillon Kisses

That's them. Sorry. They've been found on a property pretty much left to themselves apart from being fed, after their rescue left town.

I was more interested in getting the dogs identified if anyone recognises them. Or share if you like, wherever would behelpful. You never know.

There are also dogs that were sent from pounds. Thankfully they will be chipped, but once a dog is sent over the border it goes on a different registry which is how pound dogs can leave the state and kind of vanish. Chipped pound dogs are being followed up but it takes time..

If a dog has been surrendered then having no chip won't help unless the owner sees them. :( A couple have been identified though which is great. :) No idea if any were stolen, that would need to be confirmed by the original owners.

I can't say a lot on DOL because Troy needs to not be involved and will have to take the thread down.

Edited by Powerlegs

...looks for me like a typical collection of dogs used for pig hunting, which is legal in NSW and QLD?...in Victoria you can still use dogs, but sticking is illegal?.....the pigs do a lot of damage to farmers (they can ruin crop worth thousands of $ in one night) so I would assume pig hunters / doggers get also a lot of support? ...if they can't prove that the dogs have been stolen the legal leverage the council has could be limited.

Nothing to do with pig hunting. Apparently the dogs are always chained to their kennels. Apparently (again) the majority of dogs are from pounds "rescued" by a "rescue", and left on an ex's property.

Edited by stellnme

Nothing to do with pig hunting. Apparently the dogs never get off the chain. Apparently (again) the majority of dogs are from pounds "rescued" by a "rescue", and left on an ex's property.

...could be coincidence and the owner just use it as dog food supply sourced somewhere else: one of the dogs shown has a piglet head in his mouth?

Where did you see a picture of a dog with a piglet Willem? These dogs are not used for hunting or fighting.

One of the FB pics has a dog with some kind of dead animal in its mouth. I couldn't tell if it was a piglet but then I didn't scrutinise it either.

How terribly sad that thousands of people are now aware of the plight of 40 companion animals living in less than ideal circumstances (especially with colder months upon us) yet nothing can legally be done to remove them. Even sadder is the fact that some have been identified as stolen and some were 'rescued' from other poor circumstances. It doesn't sit right with me and I know it doesn't sit right with the OL people. As a society we should be angry that this is even possible while council and the RSPCA debate whose responsibility it is and if there are even any grounds to seize. Protecting all creatures great and small my arse. This is how we treat our most vulnerable in this country and it's not good enough.