Rspca Allwormer

I'm looking for feedback on the RSPCA Allwormers. I like the idea of the profits going to RSPCA and appears to be the same ingredients as the big brands. I've ordered it online but I guess I'm looking for reassurance?

Personally I will not buy anything with the rspca name on it.

Until the rspca actually do what they are supposed to do, ie look after the welfare of animals and stop rubbishing pure breed dogs they will have no support from me.

If you are looking for reassurance about the RSPCA, I can't provide any.

A bureaucracy focussed on fund raising rather than animal welfare and accountable to no one.

Too many stories of failures to act and then Olympic grade blame shifting and arse covering.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

If you are looking for reassurance about the RSPCA, I can't provide any.

A bureaucracy focussed on fund raising rather than animal welfare and accountable to no one.

Too many stories of failures to act and then Olympic grade blame shifting and arse covering.

I assume the OP meant reassurance about the drugs? (could be wrong).

To the original poster - if the active ingredients are the same as other products - in the same quantities then they should be fine. It's really kind of the same as us buying brand name panadol or generic paracetamol - both do the same thing so long as you take them correctly and in the right quantity / dose.

Hi sje78,

I know you're new here so I just wanted to point out that the RSPCA does not get much support here not just from owners of purebred dogs but also those who rescue or own dogs of mixed parentage (I have a rescue mutt myself). The responses aren't an attack on you, I promise! :)

I think most of the general public don't know the sorts of things that the RSPCA gets up to. I certainly didn't until I read more about it on DOL.

Speaking only about the product: I don't have any experience with the RSPCA allwormers. Selecting these products is a by like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.

For example. I note that the RSPCA allwormers it is only for the control of roundworms, whipworms, hookworms, tapeworm and hydatid tapeworm. Consequently another product(s) would be needed to treat or prevent heartworm, fleas and ticks.

I hope this helps!

Ingredients compare with VitaPet brand and Excelpet and generic Canine Allwormer. So don't worry at all, it's like a lot of things. Same product, different box. smile.gif

I'm always curious about how much profit on things actually go to the charity but in this case it's confidential information.

Do all the proceeds of sale go to the RSPCA?

Financial arrangements are confidential and cannot be disclosed, however, the financial benefits for the RSPCA are substantial. Additionally, this initiative provides the opportunity for pet owners to buy affordable, effective animal health products, further enhancing the RSPCA's animal welfare objectives.

If the ingredients are the same as other tablets then yes they will do there job.

Wouldn't support the RSPCA with a gun to my head.

I saw the Australian Pet Treat Company proudly advertising they now stock and sell this wormer and how amazing it is.

Now looking for another treat supplier.......

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I did not know that so many people had a strong view against the RSPCA. I respect your views even if I don't agree with them and appreciate the fact that you respected mine :)