Ivory Coat

Anyone feed Ivory Coat? Thinking of putting my dogs on this. All of my dogs have fairly cast-iron stomachs but I have three super fussy ones and one that has trouble with soft poops and maintaining her weight. My dogs all LOVED the sample I got which was great, but I'm interested in how it goes for dogs that struggle to maintain weight.

Yes I use it and so does my daughter with her Viszla, it is grain free full of great ingredients, I have a young dog here who is allergic to grain and since being on this she is doing so well.

If you email them they will send you out a sample of a couple of their flavours, also if you order through them for your first bag, mine was delivered free and a certain percentage off of it, cannot remember the percentage now as it was some time ago, I used the samples, a letter comes with it, and my dogs loved it. Good price too.

Yes one gets the salmon and another the venison.Both large breed very active dogs that holding weight is an issue ,they have kept good weight on Ivory coat ,the one on venison is twice but that would apply to any food feed ,I do feed mutton mince aswell

My thought was it is similar to Meals for Mutts and the MFM was a bit cheaper.

We do feed this aswell but it doesn't maintain weight on the big active dogs like Ivory coat plus not a fan of the small Kinney bikie on the big dogs

MFM do also have larger kibble sizes in some of the 20kg bags, I'll be getting the bigger size in our next bag.

Dozer loved Ivory Coat when he was on it, but it's pretty rare he doesn't love a food. We did find that he got pretty yeasty on it though..

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a bag a fortnight ago. My youngest had awful flatulence and ended up with very soft poos. The others have had several soft/sloppy poos as well. They won't refund on the bag. Not happy.

Forgive my ignorance. I haven't bought dry food for many many years. Why would a purchaser expect a refund on an opened and partly used bag?

i just don't understand that thinking. Is it normal to expect a refund on used goods?

If there was something wrong with the product then yes, possibly, but not because it was refused by the dog or didn't agree with the dog. :confused:

I bought a bag a fortnight ago. My youngest had awful flatulence and ended up with very soft poos. The others have had several soft/sloppy poos as well. They won't refund on the bag. Not happy.

To the OP: Who wouldn't take the returned good? The retailer or the manufacturer?

Forgive my ignorance. I haven't bought dry food for many many years. Why would a purchaser expect a refund on an opened and partly used bag? i just don't understand that thinking. Is it normal to expect a refund on used goods? If there was something wrong with the product then yes, possibly, but not because it was refused by the dog or didn't agree with the dog. :confused:

Some brands and some stores offer a guarantee your dog will eat it. I have returned two bags in the time I've had Scottie - once to PetO and once to Petbarn.

Both times the food was very expensive and I was broke. He would not eat it. Both times I took store credit and re-used it in store - both times buying multiple items (flea treatment+ some treats one time and another bag of food + treats + some cat treats the other time). There has been a number of other foods I have given away (friends, family, neighbours) donated to the shelter or thrown out :(

If it was a small independent I wouldn't but if the offer is there - why not take it?

WHAT IF MY PET DOESN’T LIKE THE FOOD?

As outlined in the refund policy, Petbarn will happily refund the original purchase price of that product provided the product and packaging is in its original condition and is re-saleable and you return the product within 30 days of purchase. With the exception of our Super Premium dog and cat food brands, Petbarn are unable to accept opened pet food.It is important when trying new Super Premium dog or cat food, that you introduce the food gradually to your pets’ diet.However, if you find that your pet does not take to the new Super Premium dog or cat food, then return the bag of pet food within 30 days of purchase and we will refund your purchase. It does not matter how much food is left in the bag.

https://www.petbarn.com.au/returns-policy

My bolding.

To the OP: Who wouldn't take the returned good? The retailer or the manufacturer?

Forgive my ignorance. I haven't bought dry food for many many years. Why would a purchaser expect a refund on an opened and partly used bag? i just don't understand that thinking. Is it normal to expect a refund on used goods? If there was something wrong with the product then yes, possibly, but not because it was refused by the dog or didn't agree with the dog. :confused:

Some brands and some stores offer a guarantee your dog will eat it. I have returned two bags in the time I've had Scottie - once to PetO and once to Petbarn.

Both times the food was very expensive and I was broke. He would not eat it. Both times I took store credit and re-used it in store - both times buying multiple items (flea treatment+ some treats one time and another bag of food + treats + some cat treats the other time). There has been a number of other foods I have given away (friends, family, neighbours) donated to the shelter or thrown out :(

If it was a small independent I wouldn't but if the offer is there - why not take it?

As outlined in the refund policy, Petbarn will happily refund the original purchase price of that product provided the product and packaging is in its original condition and is re-saleable and you return the product within 30 days of purchase. With the exception of our Super Premium dog and cat food brands, Petbarn are unable to accept opened pet food.It is important when trying new Super Premium dog or cat food, that you introduce the food gradually to your pets’ diet.However, if you find that your pet does not take to the new Super Premium dog or cat food, then return the bag of pet food within 30 days of purchase and we will refund your purchase. It does not matter how much food is left in the bag.

My bolding.

Wow I never knew! I wonder what they do with it!

Ivory Coat has a palatability guarantee. Contact them direct if the store refuses to refund. It is not acceptable for them to not do so - they will be refunded by IC.

We have sold IC since it came out and also use it. Have had a couple returned but less than other foods. It seems to suit a wide range of dogs and IC as a company are very user friendly.

If you'd like a contact, let me know!

Sags

:)

I assume that the stuff which can be re-sold is, the stuff which needs to be returned to the manufacturer is too and the other stuff goes to a shelter or staff member who owns a pet with a cast iron stomach ;)

<To the OP: Who wouldn't take the returned good? The retailer or the manufacturer? >

I contacted the manufacturer through their Facebook page to ask if I could return it to the store and was told no.

My bolding.

Yes I bought a big bag of "something" from my vet clinic - can't recall what or why, maybe had a voucher because I never buy dry from them - and the corn made my Springer itch like mad. They swapped it for a product that was grain free no questions asked. I didn't even have the original bag as dry goes straight into a storage tin.