Ivory Coat

Both of my dogs had a bad reaction to Earthborn Holistic ... , so I contacted Petcircle who I purchased it from , and all I had to do was take a photo of the bag, batch no and how much I had used.. They organised a courier at my expense ($20) and I got a refund. I was very impressed.

From their website: Should you or your companion, for whatever reason, not be completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the unused food portion in its original packaging to the retailer, with proof of purchase, for a full refund.

Did you have the packaging and receipt or a credit card statement? Personally, just out of good will we'd have taken it back for you and found you something that suited better. Sorry you've had that happen.

Sags

<To the OP: Who wouldn't take the returned good? The retailer or the manufacturer? >

I contacted the manufacturer through their Facebook page to ask if I could return it to the store and was told no.

Forgive my ignorance. I haven't bought dry food for many many years. Why would a purchaser expect a refund on an opened and partly used bag?

i just don't understand that thinking. Is it normal to expect a refund on used goods?

If there was something wrong with the product then yes, possibly, but not because it was refused by the dog or didn't agree with the dog. :confused:

Hi blinkblink :-)

Many premium or above foods offer a palatability/satisfaction guarantee. It is part of being able to offer what is an expensive product with first time unknown results in a way that gives customer peace of mind. It surprises me how many people say they've been refused a refund/exchange from other stores (including some big box chains) in spite of manufacturers guarantees.

Some foods do not offer this, such as Blackhawk, unless they have very recently changed their policy. Eukanuba get the customer to deal direct with their Australian office but give back a lot more to help find a solution. Companies do ask that people keep the bag and receipt and if you have those, it is always worth both checking the online (or on bag) policy and contacting the place of purchase.

Most returns that we accept (and there are not a lot as we try very hard to match dogs and cats with the best option, but there are always individuals that still react to a food) are left with us to distribute which we do to various shelters etc. Only though if the food is fresh and did not cause undue upsets in case of a faulty batch.

On a different note, we do get folk wanting to return a bed/igloo or kennel because the pet won't use it and that is a lot trickier to manage!

Sags

:D

Forgive my ignorance. I haven't bought dry food for many many years. Why would a purchaser expect a refund on an opened and partly used bag?

i just don't understand that thinking. Is it normal to expect a refund on used goods?

If there was something wrong with the product then yes, possibly, but not because it was refused by the dog or didn't agree with the dog. :confused:

Many premium or above foods offer a palatability/satisfaction guarantee. It is part of being able to offer what is an expensive product with first time unknown results in a way that gives customer peace of mind. It surprises me how many people say they've been refused a refund/exchange from other stores (including some big box chains) in spite of manufacturers guarantees.

Some foods do not offer this, such as Blackhawk, unless they have very recently changed their policy. Eukanuba get the customer to deal direct with their Australian office but give back a lot more to help find a solution. Companies do ask that people keep the bag and receipt and if you have those, it is always worth both checking the online (or on bag) policy and contacting the place of purchase.

Most returns that we accept (and there are not a lot as we try very hard to match dogs and cats with the best option, but there are always individuals that still react to a food) are left with us to distribute which we do to various shelters etc. Only though if the food is fresh and did not cause undue upsets in case of a faulty batch.

On a different note, we do get folk wanting to return a bed/igloo or kennel because the pet won't use it and that is a lot trickier to manage!

Sags

Thanks for explaining that. I don't buy or use kibble anyway but it's interesting to know.

i feed the fish one, Nova is both picky and hard to keep weight on and he loves it and gained some weight on it.

I tried him on a bag of the Turkey and Duck one and the only down side was he got farty. The fish one is fantastic though.

We've been on the High Performance Meals for Mutts previously, he's going better on the fish Ivory Coat.

It's not the pet store or vet that is out of pocket if you return a bag but the actual pet food company. When I worked as a vet nurse it was never a issue the company always refunded us the money and it helped get people to spend that bit of extra money to get their pet on a more premium food if they knew it could be returned if the pet turned their nose up at it. When they saw the results from going from chum to a premium they were loyal to the brand.

Anyone feed Ivory Coat? Thinking of putting my dogs on this. All of my dogs have fairly cast-iron stomachs but I have three super fussy ones and one that has trouble with soft poops and maintaining her weight. My dogs all LOVED the sample I got which was great, but I'm interested in how it goes for dogs that struggle to maintain weight.

My boy has problems keeping on weight & very soft poos, he has IBD & Skin Allergies, the only kibble that works best to him is "Taste Of The Wild" Sierra Mountain Roasted Lamb & Pacific Stream Smoked Salmon & the Pacific Stream is pea Free, the only Grain Free kibble in Australia without peas...... click on link below & scroll down too bottom you'll see "Arnhem Pet Products" on your bottom right, click on email link & ask can you have some samples of the TOTW & the Nutragold kibbles & their booklets with all the formulas, fat%, protein%, fiber% etc & tell them how many dogs you have so you get enough samples, the samples have about 2 cups kibble..... http://www.nutragold.com.au/about-our-products/

From their website: Should you or your companion, for whatever reason, not be completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the unused food portion in its original packaging to the retailer, with proof of purchase, for a full refund.

Did you have the packaging and receipt or a credit card statement? Personally, just out of good will we'd have taken it back for you and found you something that suited better. Sorry you've had that happen.

Sags

<To the OP: Who wouldn't take the returned good? The retailer or the manufacturer? >

I contacted the manufacturer through their Facebook page to ask if I could return it to the store and was told no.

Oh thanks for that. I've been feeding it to the others so there's quite a bit gone now. When I went to the shop I bought it from a few days later I told them the company had told me they wouldn't refund. He didn't offer to take it back :(

i feed the fish one, Nova is both picky and hard to keep weight on and he loves it and gained some weight on it.

I tried him on a bag of the Turkey and Duck one and the only down side was he got farty. The fish one is fantastic though.

We've been on the High Performance Meals for Mutts previously, he's going better on the fish Ivory Coat.

That's the one that's caused problems for mine.

Anyone feed Ivory Coat? Thinking of putting my dogs on this. All of my dogs have fairly cast-iron stomachs but I have three super fussy ones and one that has trouble with soft poops and maintaining her weight. My dogs all LOVED the sample I got which was great, but I'm interested in how it goes for dogs that struggle to maintain weight.

My boy has problems keeping on weight & very soft poos, he has IBD & Skin Allergies, the only kibble that works best to him is "Taste Of The Wild" Sierra Mountain Roasted Lamb & Pacific Stream Smoked Salmon & the Pacific Stream is pea Free, the only Grain Free kibble in Australia without peas...... click on link below & scroll down too bottom you'll see "Arnhem Pet Products" on your bottom right, click on email link & ask can you have some samples of the TOTW & the Nutragold kibbles & their booklets with all the formulas, fat%, protein%, fiber% etc & tell them how many dogs you have so you get enough samples, the samples have about 2 cups kibble..... http://www.nutragold.com.au/about-our-products/

Yes mine have all done well on Taste of the Wild :) I just thought I'd try a different food.

Sags

Thanks for explaining that. I don't buy or use kibble anyway but it's interesting to know.

My boy has IBD & Skin Allergies & Food Sensitivities, I'm always returning new kibbles that we have tried & didn't agree with Patch, I've finally worked out what he can eat & can't eat, I hope... Pet Barn are very good & give refunds, some kibble companies like Black Hawk & Canidae you have to contact them & tell them what the problem was & then they refund but you must return the food to the shop or online where food was purchased.... I've never had any problems returning open bags, I have a few opened kibble bags in the cupboard at the moment, I couldn't be bothered returning them, I added then up the other day, $270 worth of kibble my boy cant eat & rescue groups wont take cause the bags are open.. kibble goes off after being open, they say must be used within 2-4 weeks, that's why I only buy small bags.... Ivory Coat write on their web page after opening kibble bag it must be used with in 1 month.. Ivory Coat & Applaws have had a mold problems with their kibbles so did Ziwipeak....

Edited by sueang

Sags

My boy has IBD & Skin Allergies & Food Sensitivities, I'm always returning new kibbles that we have tried & didn't agree with Patch, I've finally worked out what he can eat & can't eat, I hope... Pet Barn are very good & give refunds, some kibble companies like Black Hawk & Canidae you have to contact them & tell them what the problem was & then they refund but you must return the food to the shop or online where food was purchased.... I've never had any problems returning open bags, I have a few opened kibble bags in the cupboard at the moment, I couldn't be bothered returning them, I added then up the other day, $270 worth of kibble my boy cant eat & rescue groups wont take cause the bags are open.. kibble goes off after being open, they say must be used within 2-4 weeks, that's why I only buy small bags.... Ivory Coat write on their web page after opening kibble bag it must be used with in 1 month.. Ivory Coat & Applaws have had a mold problems with their kibbles so did Ziwipeak....

Canidae do refund foods via their retailers. We've had stores for more than 10 years and the only premium plus brands we carry that we aren't "authorised" to refund/exchange on are Blackhawk and Eukanuba - the latter ask the customer to contact them direct and help them without involving the retailer.

We have carried Ziwipeak on and off for 10 years without mould problems and Ivory Coat since it was launched without mould so am interested to hear this - our customers tend to let us know pretty quickly if something isn't right :-)

We give opened bags (or broken bags) to rescue orgs without any issues - maybe try some breed ones?

Sags

:)