Boarding Kennels Brisbane

suziwong66

i've done a search for boarding kennels in Brisbane but they are old threads. Early July we're moving back to Brisbane after 16 years away so, I'm looking for good kennels in Brisbane; at this stage i don't know where we'll end up being so i'm just looking for the best that i can find. I have two chocolate labs. one is an entire bitch; the other is a desexed male with daily oral medications and skin applied medication.

I need to have a kennels where care is a priority as my boy will need daily skin checks to manage his allergies. If you could please share your favourite establishments and your experiences. PM if you'd like to discuss in private.

thanks.

We send our tibbies to Samford Pet Resort. They are a caring and professional team who have always been happy to accomodate our tibbie's special needs (skin allergies). One tibbie is dog reactive but they manage him well. He feels safe there and is happy to be there. The tibbies always come home healthy, clean and in good spirits. They should take care of any health needs although there may an additional charge (I'm not sure so worth checking). All the best in finding the right kennel for your labs.

We send our tibbies to Samford Pet Resort. They are a caring and professional team.... One tibbie is dog reactive but they manage him well. He feels safe there and is happy to be there. The tibbies always come home healthy, clean and in good spirits.

I'd second this. Samford Pet Resort is the only place I'd send our tibbies to

thanks for that; have either of you used or heard much about their sister business Northshore pet resort? We are trying to secure a rental property now so that we can do a door to door move to minimise how long the dogs are in kennels since my bitch is reactive from anxiety. We see a behaviourist but i don't think our girl will be good in a kennel for a lengthy period. If we can manage a door to door and find pet friendly accommodation while the furniture is transported and delivered, i'd be deliriously happy but i am a realist and know that this won't likely happen.

OH is in Brisbane for work tomorrow and going to an inspection of one property in Eight Mile Plains which is just across the road from the house we lived in when we last lived in Brisbane. I don't think it has enough grass for the dogs to even toilet as the pool takes up most of the space and it's paved all around the back. But OH is going to have a look anyways.

I have heard of Northshore but have not used it or know of anyone who have. One of my tibbies is very reactive to other dogs and it is also from anxiety. I use Samford because they are the only ones I trust to safely manage this issue. My friend's dog has same issue (rottie) and Samford was the only kennel that she used. My tibbie loves it at Samford and sometimes will not want to leave! All the best with house hunting.

Thanks ESCS - knowing Samford has dealt with your anxious dog really well makes me feel more comfortable. I also don't want my bitch and dog housed together because he won't appropriately correct her and she's a bossy little bugger. I'm going to give them a ring and talk about logistics etc

have you had direct experience with them okway? i only ask because i've used a kennel owned and operated by dog people that are fully active in the dog world here in Adelaide and i'd never use them again - in fact, i'd go as far as to say they shouldn't be in the pet boarding business. If you've had experience with them and could give me a little more info about what you like about them, i'd be grateful. taa

have you had direct experience with them okway? i only ask because i've used a kennel owned and operated by dog people that are fully active in the dog world here in Adelaide and i'd never use them again - in fact, i'd go as far as to say they shouldn't be in the pet boarding business. If you've had experience with them and could give me a little more info about what you like about them, i'd be grateful. taa

http://www.pawsandwhiskers.com.au/

Go check it out for your self. All good. I have worked for them over many years and believe you me I would not work for just any kennel. When I say involved I "mean" involved in the dog world. Top people that serve on Dogs Queensland committees. Two top International All Breeds judges that care for the wellbeing of animals in their care. Also top breeders in their chosen breed with top winning exported dogs gaining their titles around the world. :)

I think I know the one. If so yes very active in show circles, 'top' breeders, big winners, judges even if I'm not mistaken, but big failure at boarding from every one I've ever talked to that have used them and a person I knew went for a job interview and walked out!

I'm sure there are great dog people running great facilities but there are some that seem to rely heavily on 'reputation' they don't match with service :(

I think I know the one. If so yes very active in show circles, 'top' breeders, big winners, judges even if I'm not mistaken, but big failure at boarding from every one I've ever talked to that have used them and a person I knew went for a job interview and walked out!

I'm sure there are great dog people running great facilities but there are some that seem to rely heavily on 'reputation' they don't match with service :(

Sounds like the one - i boarded Wilbur with them once; never again. Rats ate through the food container i gave them, he was a filthy mess when he came out. The dogs were all just left in a large dust bowl of a yard all day long and as we left they made a snarky comment about Wilbur.

Sounds like the one - i boarded Wilbur with them once; never again. Rats ate through the food container i gave them, he was a filthy mess when he came out. The dogs were all just left in a large dust bowl of a yard all day long and as we left they made a snarky comment about Wilbur.

Get your facts right before you criticise. All kennels have concrete runs. I suggest you go and have a look at the web site I put up. Then apologise.

Get your facts right before you criticise. All kennels have concrete runs. I suggest you go and have a look at the web site I put up. Then apologise.

i think you might have your wires crossed; we weren't talking about the kennels of the link you were posting - we were talking about an SA kennels that used to be in business.

• 1 month later...

I think you may have us confused with some other kennel. We do not and have never had rats, all dogs are bathed and clean before they leave, and dogs do not spend the day in a dust bowl. As far as somebody walking out on a job interview, I have never heard of that either. Anybody is welcome to come and inspect our premises anytime during office hours. I have also just checked our computer records and we have never had a dog or cat called Wilbur board with us.

I think you may have us confused with some other kennel. We do not and have never had rats, all dogs are bathed and clean before they leave, and dogs do not spend the day in a dust bowl. As far as somebody walking out on a job interview, I have never heard of that either. Anybody is welcome to come and inspect our premises anytime during office hours. I have also just checked our computer records and we have never had a dog or cat called Wilbur board with us.

Suzi and myself(formerly blinkblink) are talking about a kennel in SA in the quoted posts above.

• 2 months later...

Please reread the thread; the discussion was about a kennel in outer ADELAIDE that Gruff and i are acquainted with. You are incorrect with your assumption that the discussion was about your kennel in Brisbane.