Latest; $100 Boosts A Pet's Social Profile

Im hearing you and Im trying to see it from both points of view.

The 60,000 and only X amount of sign up isnt counted because thats an ongoing thing and if it goes anywhere its going to take years.

I cant understand if you are so convinced they are taking donations under any kind of false pretence why you don't report them and have it looked at

I would have thought small rescue would be more concerned about other things they are doing.

What I think is the relationship pet rescue and rescues have is a symbiotic relationship.

Each party gets something out of the relationship that helps them.

If a rescue does not want to be involved then they don't have to.

Building a website following is very hard and to reach as many people as pet rescue does is a good reason for rescue to use the free service.

I really do not understand what the issue is.

Since you are so clear on it, if I donate $1000 to PR how do I save 100 lives?

How $10 every month for 12mths saves 12 lives?

This is what PR tells me a donation does.

It is done

Off Petrescue

'Safe & Sound Pounds Report 2016

The final document will be released at the end of 2016, providing a full report on the overall effectiveness of the Safe & Sound Pounds project to date, and presenting a strategy for the ongoing development of PetRescue and its associated programs.'

I am unsure if you remember PR a few years ago, they actually contacted rescues, were interested in how to help them, now they have moved on, they are the own machine and they are going in their own direction and are not afraid to tell rescues how to run, how PR saves lives, and obscuring what they do. Can anyone say how many of the foster carer statistics they quote actually became foster carers? Can anyone say how many animals listed were rehomed by their petrescue advert? How many rescues sent people back to petrescue to look at an animal that may suit their home? I am guessing not............ but Petrescue have no problem quoting the clicks on their site as proof their own success.

Why can't a person from a small rescue notice things and have their own opinion? I don't think you have to be a large organisation to have an opinion and be concerned.

People may read this and think I don't want Petrescue to succeed in being a great listing site, that would be incorrect, but don't think I can't look at their site and have some questions and concerns about how they now run, because not all of it adds up to be anything but self serving at times, and get that feeling somehow their original objects are being lost in their new ventures.

Dog Fan, please read the last 5 pages, if you have no problem with the general public thinking they are rescue, that if you donate $1000 you apparently save lives (yet no one will explain how that bit works to me), and now tell rescues they shouldn't do home checks, and the list just goes on.

BTW Symbiotic can mean that it is only one side gets the benefits (like a parasite for example).

Edited by Malti

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malti small rescues can have an opinion but that doesn't mean that others automatically get why they have that opinion or that their opinion shouldn't be challenged. This was put in the public arena and it as an opinion - it doesnt become not allowed to have an opinion when everyone reading it or commenting doesnt agree with you. Why should I not be able to have an opinion because Im not a rescue group large or small? I was the one told to go away and stop posting not any small rescue group trying to give an opinion!

Ive seen posts that are telling me that PR are taking money under false pretences well I just don't get why if that is really how the posters feel that they don't do something about that or at least explain why they dont or dont want to - Its free to lodge a complaint and have it looked at and they may be right . I don't mean that to be condescending or anything else but these are serious accusations which are close to defamatory and if its happening then it should be stopped.

I also don't get why here its beat up PR but still use their site and also link to their PR site on your facebook page. I can see how it saves lives because it enables rescue groups to be able to access those trying to find an animal easier than you can without them. I have no issue with that. Have you approached them to ask them to clarify?

Malti small rescues can have an opinion but that doesn't mean that others automatically get why they have that opinion or that their opinion shouldn't be challenged. This was put in the public arena and it as an opinion - it doesnt become not allowed to have an opinion when everyone reading it or commenting doesnt agree with you. Why should I not be able to have an opinion because Im not a rescue group large or small? I was the one told to go away and stop posting not any small rescue group trying to give an opinion!

Ive seen posts that are telling me that PR are taking money under false pretences well I just don't get why if that is really how the posters feel that they don't do something about that or at least explain why they dont or dont want to - Its free to lodge a complaint and have it looked at and they may be right . I don't mean that to be condescending or anything else but these are serious accusations which are close to defamatory and if its happening then it should be stopped.

I also don't get why here its beat up PR but still use their site and also link to their PR site on your facebook page. I can see how it saves lives because it enables rescue groups to be able to access those trying to find an animal easier than you can without them. I have no issue with that. Have you approached them to ask them to clarify?

Both can happen in IMO, everyone is entitled to an opinion rescue or not, and how they see things, I can't speak (or type) for others. Possilby using the website regularly though would bring those who use it, to start seeing change after change when most others would not notice.

You have said you don't see that there is an obscurity, or an false pretense, so not sure why a complaint should be lodged after a thread asking what is going on and what do you think? There is clearly two different perspectives.

I think we all use a social medium that we don't 100% agree with, why should people who say they see things are changing and don't necessarily agree with it all the things on it? No one would use any social medium then, would they :confused:

No idea about the link, I honestly couldn't link anything together (not techno-savvy at all).

You won't answer how $1000 saves 100 lives though? Nor the stats they use as being correct in being directly correlating to those figures.

I guess I see it as Petrescue claims to save lives, when they are a link in the chain and they seem very happy to ignore the chain affect we all have in getting dogs to safety and that is sad, as their site is nothing without rescues, and rescues wouldn't have one central site without them. But no one else is spewing out stats to ask for funds. The error the public make in thinking PR is rescue highlights the confusion. My own personal conscience would not be happy if I was involved with that.

Just my own thoughts on a situation that shouldn't be blown up to be bigger than Ben Hur, I guess I would ask, was your posts suppose to be 'The Devil's Advocate'? Because it seemed no matter what was said, nor shown to you, had an legitimacy in your view.

Both can happen in IMO, everyone is entitled to an opinion rescue or not, and how they see things, I can't speak (or type) for others. Possilby using the website regularly though would bring those who use it, to start seeing change after change when most others would not notice.

You have said you don't see that there is an obscurity, or an false pretense, so not sure why a complaint should be lodged after a thread asking what is going on and what do you think? There is clearly two different perspectives.

I think we all use a social medium that we don't 100% agree with, why should people who say they see things are changing and don't necessarily agree with it all the things on it? No one would use any social medium then, would they :confused:

No idea about the link, I honestly couldn't link anything together (not techno-savvy at all).

You won't answer how $1000 saves 100 lives though? Nor the stats they use as being correct in being directly correlating to those figures.

I guess I see it as Petrescue claims to save lives, when they are a link in the chain and they seem very happy to ignore the chain affect we all have in getting dogs to safety and that is sad, as their site is nothing without rescues, and rescues wouldn't have one central site without them. But no one else is spewing out stats to ask for funds. The error the public make in thinking PR is rescue highlights the confusion. My own personal conscience would not be happy if I was involved with that.

Just my own thoughts on a situation that shouldn't be blown up to be bigger than Ben Hur, I guess I would ask, was your posts suppose to be 'The Devil's Advocate'? Because it seemed no matter what was said, nor shown to you, had an legitimacy in your view.

There is no devils advocacy or hidden agenda or mystery for me.I have no association with them and the only time in the last few years Ive visited their website was due to these threads.I get that its changed but I cant see that is a bad thing. Perhaps I might if Id watched the changes. At no time did I think this is coming from a small rescue group so they shouldn't have an opinion. I am now and always have been happy to stand corrected and I often am but so far I simply dont get why it's such a big issue and it seems that Im just expected to agree in case its taken personally that Im seeing it from a different perspective. Its simple I just don't agree with some of the things that have been said I cant follow the logic or understand the anger and I think what they do is good for dogs to find homes more so than anyone or any other service has been able to.

In my opinion if there really are people who are being tricked into donating to them or if they are presenting themselves as one thing and doing certain things they are not badly enough to solicit such emotion then someone should do more than chatting about it, and report them. If I could see it I would do so without hesitation.

I have already said that I think that the service they provide helps to save lives and if they say $1000 saves a hundred lives I have no issue with that.

Edited to add Its not up to me to answer to you about how $1000 saves lives anyway - ask them.

Edited by Steve

There is no devils advocacy or hidden agenda or mystery for me.I have no association with them and the only time in the last few years Ive visited their website was due to these threads.I get that its changed but I cant see that is a bad thing. Perhaps I might if Id watched the changes. At no time did I think this is coming from a small rescue group so they shouldn't have an opinion. I am now and always have been happy to stand corrected and I often am but so far I simply dont get why it's such a big issue and it seems that Im just expected to agree in case its taken personally that Im seeing it from a different perspective. Its simple I just don't agree with some of the things that have been said I cant follow the logic or understand the anger and I think what they do is good for dogs to find homes more so than anyone or any other service has been able to.

In my opinion if there really are people who are being tricked into donating to them or if they are presenting themselves as one thing and doing certain things they are not badly enough to solicit such emotion then someone should do more than chatting about it, and report them. If I could see it I would do so without hesitation.

I have already said that I think that the service they provide helps to save lives and if they say $1000 saves a hundred lives I have no issue with that.

Edited to add Its not up to me to answer to you about how $1000 saves lives anyway - ask them.

I never implied you had any association with them! I was just unsure of how you have dismissed anyone's thoughts or views, no matter what has been shown.

You stated 'I would have thought small rescue would be more concerned about other things they are doing.' Clearly putting the 'small rescue' issue in play.

Honestly, this issue is not as big as you are making it out to be, but I do see the frustration at trying to show you anything, because it doesn't matter what is shown or said, you don't agree nor see how anyone could see it differently Then if you don't see a problem with things, you won't explain how you don't see it as a problem all I get is a 'ask them' (for e.g $1000 will save 100 lives, you don't have a problem with it, but won't answer how it saves 100 lives, and don't care, you just agree with the blanket statement made by PR, and that is enough for you). I don't need to ask them, I know it doesn't. Rescues have never been charged $10 per listing, so getting the public to donate that, is not correct at all. But the premise is, you are happy with what you see, and that is fine, I am not here to change your mind.

I never implied you had any association with them! I was just unsure of how you have dismissed anyone's thoughts or views, no matter what has been shown.

You stated 'I would have thought small rescue would be more concerned about other things they are doing.' Clearly putting the 'small rescue' issue in play.

Honestly, this issue is not as big as you are making it out to be, but I do see the frustration at trying to show you anything, because it doesn't matter what is shown or said, you don't agree nor see how anyone could see it differently Then if you don't see a problem with things, you won't explain how you don't see it as a problem all I get is a 'ask them' (for e.g $1000 will save 100 lives, you don't have a problem with it, but won't answer how it saves 100 lives, and don't care, you just agree with the blanket statement made by PR, and that is enough for you). I don't need to ask them, I know it doesn't. Rescues have never been charged $10 per listing, so getting the public to donate that, is not correct at all. But the premise is, you are happy with what you see, and that is fine, I am not here to change your mind.

Seriously? I know you never implied I had an association with them I simply made the statement so it was clear that I didnt. The comments re small rescue should still be able to have an opinion were made way before I said anything about small rescue. It wasnt me who put it in play and nothing I said was saying that anyone or any group should not have an opinion.

I cant really see what the point is looks to me that you dont agree or see how anyone can see it differently to you which is what you want to tell me. Ive said why I dont think its a problem and and yes Im happy with the blanket statement and so far nothing that has been said convinces me that there is a case for them to answer.

I dont think there is a case for me to answer either so Im done. Thanks anyway for keeping us updated.

Thank you Malti.

Apparently I'm one of the last rescuers to bother posting on Dol regularly anymore so it sounds like I'm alone in this but offline .... not so much. laugh.gif

Nope, I agree with you.

I don't begrudge PR employees a wage when they're actually helping rescues- such as the Sensis promotions or with getting donations of pet food to rescues (assuming your rescue is in an eligible area, of course)- but some of the other recent stuff seems to be very expensive busywork.

What I'd like to see is PR asking rescues how they would liked to be helped, rather than coming up with endless promotional stuff. It's great to have adoption enquiries but if I can't afford to take on new dogs because I'm completely out of resources.. it's a bit pointless. And that's not a hypothetical if, I am out of resources. And it wasn't for lack of effort on my part, either; I spent hundreds of hours trying to fundraise and came up virtually empty. If I'd worked a minimum wage job for the same period of time, I'd have made more money for the dogs and with that depressing realisation, I'm now back at school, studying to get a decent job so that in future, I can fund my rescue entirely by myself.

It's one thing to say "Oh, all rescues can be financially stable if only they choose to" but my question is, how? Where is the information? Where are the resources? PR could be helping us with this but instead, they're spending the money on..?

If it seems like people are getting emotional in here, it's because many of us have put so much of our own time and money into rescue and it sort of feels like PR is benefiting from it (and running well enough to pay wages) while we struggle just to keep going.

Thank you Malti.

Apparently I'm one of the last rescuers to bother posting on Dol regularly anymore so it sounds like I'm alone in this but offline .... not so much. laugh.gif

Nope, I agree with you.

I don't begrudge PR employees a wage when they're actually helping rescues- such as the Sensis promotions or with getting donations of pet food to rescues (assuming your rescue is in an eligible area, of course)- but some of the other recent stuff seems to be very expensive busywork.

What I'd like to see is PR asking rescues how they would liked to be helped, rather than coming up with endless promotional stuff. It's great to have adoption enquiries but if I can't afford to take on new dogs because I'm completely out of resources.. it's a bit pointless. And that's not a hypothetical if, I am out of resources. And it wasn't for lack of effort on my part, either; I spent hundreds of hours trying to fundraise and came up virtually empty. If I'd worked a minimum wage job for the same period of time, I'd have made more money for the dogs and with that depressing realisation, I'm now back at school, studying to get a decent job so that in future, I can fund my rescue entirely by myself.

It's one thing to say "Oh, all rescues can be financially stable if only they choose to" but my question is, how? Where is the information? Where are the resources? PR could be helping us with this but instead, they're spending the money on..?

If it seems like people are getting emotional in here, it's because many of us have put so much of our own time and money into rescue and it sort of feels like PR is benefiting from it (and running well enough to pay wages) while we struggle just to keep going.

Thanks Maddy I understand this. Im happy to help you with how . Give me a ring when you get a chance we have lots of resources to help you.

Thank you Malti.

Nope, I agree with you.

Thanks Maddy I understand this. Im happy to help you with how . Give me a ring when you get a chance we have lots of resources to help you.

Once I'm on holidays in a few weeks' time, I definitely will. At the moment, I'm out on placement (35 hours a week) and just don't have the actual time or energy to be trying to start anything else.

This is sort of what I'm getting at though- PR have the resources to be offering real help to struggling rescues but instead, they're spending that time/money on stuff like profile makeovers that are available only to a limited few. Rescues need practical help and the biggest struggle for rescues will probably always be sourcing funds.

Seriously? I know you never implied I had an association with them I simply made the statement so it was clear that I didnt. The comments re small rescue should still be able to have an opinion were made way before I said anything about small rescue. It wasnt me who put it in play and nothing I said was saying that anyone or any group should not have an opinion.

I cant really see what the point is looks to me that you dont agree or see how anyone can see it differently to you which is what you want to tell me. Ive said why I dont think its a problem and and yes Im happy with the blanket statement and so far nothing that has been said convinces me that there is a case for them to answer.

I dont think there is a case for me to answer either so Im done. Thanks anyway for keeping us updated.

I fully realise you don't see a problem, that has been your entire stance since the start of the thread. I also see why Powerlegs would have gotten frustrated with you. You answer nothing, and have no real care factor in it, the thread just goes around in circles because it can't become any clearer why some people are seeing things a certain way.

I don't think I updated you on anything, my points have been made up out of thin air according to you, clearly see your mind has and will be fine with it no matter what.

Edited by Malti

This is sort of what I'm getting at though- PR have the resources to be offering real help to struggling rescues but instead, they're spending that time/money on stuff like profile makeovers that are available only to a limited few. Rescues need practical help and the biggest struggle for rescues will probably always be sourcing funds.

So true Maddy, it is sad that you couldn't keep rescuing and I have also seen so many rescues (new and old) struggle for donations to continue the work that they do as well.

Thank you Malti.

Nope, I agree with you.

Once I'm on holidays in a few weeks' time, I definitely will. At the moment, I'm out on placement (35 hours a week) and just don't have the actual time or energy to be trying to start anything else.

Yes I can see that and I agree but that's nothing new or dishonest.

Thank you Malti.

Nope, I agree with you.

Yes I can see that and I agree but that's nothing new or dishonest.

What the???? If you actually understood you may see why people in rescue get frustrated. They spend their time and efforts actually trying to source funds and bring animals into their care while PR move on to raise funds for ineffective campaigns, but claim to save lives. Like I said from the beginning, no lives get saved if rescues didn't exist.PR can spend all the money they like on new 'initiatives', but unless there are rescues to use their listing service, PR doesn't save lives, and you have been given multiple examples of how people think PR are rescue, but no obscure is happening within their marketing -_-

FYI New membership conditions. For anyone who got the e-news today about the changes to your membership and might have forgotten what you agreed to at the start. I have a copy of the old one saved from ages ago (below).

Pointing out a significant change laugh.gif Not that anything was ever followed up anyway.

I hear whispers of a new system coming soon. ;) More info as it comes to hand.

PetRescue supports the responsible and ethical rescue of companion animals. Membership is offered exclusively to groups and organisations that agree to and abide by the PetRescue Code of Ethics and Conduct, and Pet Listing Rules. Any breach of the Code of Ethics and Conduct or Pet Listing Rules may result in immediate suspension of membership.Code of Ethics

PetRescue members represent professionalism in all aspects of rescue - from the co-ordination of pet care, to the management of the adoption process and customer service when dealing directly with the public.

PetRescue understands that prospective adopters are making a considerable emotional investment when they begin the search for a new family member. So it's important to ensure all potential adopters have a positive adoption experience - one that they'll want to recommend to friends and family, and maybe even repeat the next time they are seeking a pet.

To ensure a positive adoption experience for all, PetRescue requires all member rescue groups to:

• Respond to enquiries generated from the PetRescue website within 72 hours.
  • Maintain respectful, professional, informative and non-judgemental written and verbal communications with prospective adopters.
  • Commit to referring unsuccessful applicants or enquirers back to the PetRescue website to continue their search, should they not be the right match for your rescue group.

Code of Conduct

All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:

• Genuine rescue animals, presently in a pound/shelter or foster care situation.
  • Vet checked, vaccinated and ready for rehoming.
  • Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly or for other health reasons, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.
  • We have read and agree to abide by PetRescue's Pet Listing Rules and understand that failure to do so will result in the immediate removal of offending listings, and may result in the suspension or removal of membership.
  • We operate our rescue group to support the welfare of the animals in our care and not for personal gain. Any fees we charge for adoption or other services are directly invested in our organisation's ongoing work. While we may have paid staff, our group or shelter is intended to operate as a not-for-profit, for-purpose or charitable organisation.
  • We are a registered Australian business, not-for-profit group or charity, or are working towards becoming one.
  • We are dedicated to the care of animals and educational efforts to promote the welfare of those animals. As part of this commitment, we provide advice and support to those who adopt animals from us.
  • We endeavour to match pets with appropriate new families, to ensure a good fit for both human and pet. This process may include adoption counselling via phone, in person or through written correspondence.
  • We will provide adoption paperwork such as change of ownership, microchip and vaccination details to the new owner in a timely manner. (PetRescue strongly recommends that adoption paperwork go with the pet at the time of adoption to avoid follow-up issues).
  • We make provision to offer after-adoption follow up and support to our adopters over the life of their pets, including a returns policy for adopted animals.
  • We are operating our group according to, and in compliance with, all federal, state, and local regulations, laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and codes, and possess the required permits or licence(s) (if applicable).
  • We will endeavour to keep all information posted on the PetRescue website correct and up to date, including our contact details and the status of our pets (marking them as ON HOLD or ADOPTED in a timely manner).
  • We recognise PetRescue makes no guarantee of any of the information posted by us. Any pets found, adopted through, or listed on PetRescue are the sole responsibility of us as the advertiser and/or the adopting party.
  • We acknowledge PetRescue has the right to remove, edit or alter any information posted on the website at their discretion.
  • All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes.
  • PetRescue may contact us at any time to verify information submitted to the website. We are required to ensure a contact name and phone number are maintained in our account details for such purpose. We understand that our account may be suspended should we fail to maintain timely communication with PetRescue.
  • We understand PetRescue may make changes and/or updates to the Code of Ethics or Pet Listing Rules at any time, and we will be required to adhere to these changes to remain a member.
  • Any breach of the above rules may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of PetRescue membership.

If you have any queries about PetRescue's Rescue Member Code of Ethics and Conduct or Pet Listing Rules, please email [email protected].

Please note: PetRescue does not comprehensively evaluate nor endorse the practices of any organisation or individual.

FYI old membership conditions

At PetRescue, we support the responsible and ethical rescue of companion animals. We offer membership exclusively to groups and organisations that agree to and abide by our Code of Ethics. Any breach of our Code of Ethics or any unprofessional conduct will result in immediate suspension of membership.Please note: PetRescue does not comprehensively evaluate nor endorse the practices of any organisation or individual.To become a PetRescue Member you must agree to and abide by the following terms:
  • All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:
    • Genuine rescue animals, presently in a pound/shelter or foster care situation.
    • Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.

[*]We have read and agree to abide by PetRescue's Pet Listing Rules and understand that failure to do so will result in the immediate removal of offending listings, and may result in the suspension or removal of membership.[*]We operate our rescue group to support the welfare of the animals in our care and not for personal gain. Any fees we charge for adoption or other services are directly invested in our organisation's ongoing work. While we may have paid staff, our group or shelter is intended to operate as a not-for-profit or charitable organisation.[*]We are a registered non-profit group or charity, or are working towards becoming one.[*]We are dedicated to the care of animals and educational efforts to promote the welfare of those animals. As part of this commitment, we provide education and support to those who adopt animals from us.[*]We screen our adoptive homes carefully and do not place animals without conducting a screening.[*]We will provide paperwork, such as change of ownership, microchip and vaccination details to the new owner in a timely manner.[*]We make provision to offer after-adoption follow up and support to our adopters over the life of their pets, including a returns policy for adopted animals.[*]We are operating our group according to, and in compliance with, all federal, state, and local regulations, laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and codes, and possess the required permits or licence(s) (if applicable).[*]We will endeavour to keep all information posted on the PetRescue website up to date.[*]We recognise PetRescue makes no guarantee of any of the information posted by us. Any pets found, adopted through, or listed on PetRescue are the sole responsibility of us as the advertiser and/or the adopting party.[*]We acknowledge PetRescue has the right to remove, edit or alter any information posted on the website at their discretion.[*]All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes.[*]PetRescue may contact us at any time to verify information submitted to the website. We are required to ensure a contact name and phone number are maintained in our account details for such purpose.[*]We understand PetRescue may make changes and/or updates to the Code of Ethics or Pet Listing Rules at any time, and we will be required to adhere to these changes to remain a member.

If you have any queries about our Rescue Member Code of Ethics, please contact us at [email protected]

Edited by Powerlegs

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice the changes to the agreement, as the email I got seemed to be all about the "benefits" I get, as listed in this article- https://www.petrescue.com.au/library/articles/are-you-getting-the-most-out-of-your-petrescue-membership?

Free flights

These free flights are like Big Foot. Some people claim to know someone who knows someone else who was able to get one but so far, no one has come forward with any compelling evidence of the existence of these free flights.

Fab freebies and excellent events!

Free pet food but only to people living in certain areas. I was told our area had nothing, even though we're a 10 minute drive from a Petstock store in the second-largest city in Tasmania. As for events.. :shrug: Nothing seems to happen down here.

Free PetRescue feed to drive your website

If someone is already at my website, they can be looking at my dogs in a format I choose, without any confusion about who is actually rehoming the dogs.

PR boosts for pets in need

Nice, but the least of many rescues' concerns with the ever-increasing cost of just the basic vet work.

Exclusive access to great insurance deals

When I'm struggling to set aside enough money to take in a single dog, insurance is the least of my worries.

Innovative programs to promote foster and adoption

The expensive busywork mentioned a few posts back.

When I started reading the email, I thought maybe PR had seen this thread and were responding with some useful information that might actually help. Same old, same old, though.

FYI New membership conditions. For anyone who got the e-news today about the changes to your membership and might have forgotten what you agreed to at the start. I have a copy of the old one saved from ages ago (below).

Pointing out a significant change laugh.gif Not that anything was ever followed up anyway.

I hear whispers of a new system coming soon. ;) More info as it comes to hand.

PetRescue supports the responsible and ethical rescue of companion animals. Membership is offered exclusively to groups and organisations that agree to and abide by the PetRescue Code of Ethics and Conduct, and Pet Listing Rules. Any breach of the Code of Ethics and Conduct or Pet Listing Rules may result in immediate suspension of membership.Code of Ethics

PetRescue members represent professionalism in all aspects of rescue - from the co-ordination of pet care, to the management of the adoption process and customer service when dealing directly with the public.

PetRescue understands that prospective adopters are making a considerable emotional investment when they begin the search for a new family member. So it's important to ensure all potential adopters have a positive adoption experience - one that they'll want to recommend to friends and family, and maybe even repeat the next time they are seeking a pet.

To ensure a positive adoption experience for all, PetRescue requires all member rescue groups to:

• Respond to enquiries generated from the PetRescue website within 72 hours.
  • Maintain respectful, professional, informative and non-judgemental written and verbal communications with prospective adopters.
  • Commit to referring unsuccessful applicants or enquirers back to the PetRescue website to continue their search, should they not be the right match for your rescue group.

Code of Conduct

All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:

• Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly or for other health reasons, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.
  • We have read and agree to abide by PetRescue's Pet Listing Rules and understand that failure to do so will result in the immediate removal of offending listings, and may result in the suspension or removal of membership.
  • We operate our rescue group to support the welfare of the animals in our care and not for personal gain. Any fees we charge for adoption or other services are directly invested in our organisation's ongoing work. While we may have paid staff, our group or shelter is intended to operate as a not-for-profit, for-purpose or charitable organisation.
  • We are a registered Australian business, not-for-profit group or charity, or are working towards becoming one.
  • We are dedicated to the care of animals and educational efforts to promote the welfare of those animals. As part of this commitment, we provide advice and support to those who adopt animals from us.
  • We endeavour to match pets with appropriate new families, to ensure a good fit for both human and pet. This process may include adoption counselling via phone, in person or through written correspondence.
  • We will provide adoption paperwork such as change of ownership, microchip and vaccination details to the new owner in a timely manner. (PetRescue strongly recommends that adoption paperwork go with the pet at the time of adoption to avoid follow-up issues).
  • We make provision to offer after-adoption follow up and support to our adopters over the life of their pets, including a returns policy for adopted animals.
  • We are operating our group according to, and in compliance with, all federal, state, and local regulations, laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and codes, and possess the required permits or licence(s) (if applicable).
  • We will endeavour to keep all information posted on the PetRescue website correct and up to date, including our contact details and the status of our pets (marking them as ON HOLD or ADOPTED in a timely manner).
  • We recognise PetRescue makes no guarantee of any of the information posted by us. Any pets found, adopted through, or listed on PetRescue are the sole responsibility of us as the advertiser and/or the adopting party.
  • We acknowledge PetRescue has the right to remove, edit or alter any information posted on the website at their discretion.
  • All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes.
  • PetRescue may contact us at any time to verify information submitted to the website. We are required to ensure a contact name and phone number are maintained in our account details for such purpose. We understand that our account may be suspended should we fail to maintain timely communication with PetRescue.
  • We understand PetRescue may make changes and/or updates to the Code of Ethics or Pet Listing Rules at any time, and we will be required to adhere to these changes to remain a member.
  • Any breach of the above rules may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of PetRescue membership.

If you have any queries about PetRescue's Rescue Member Code of Ethics and Conduct or Pet Listing Rules, please email [email protected].

Please note: PetRescue does not comprehensively evaluate nor endorse the practices of any organisation or individual.

FYI old membership conditions

At PetRescue, we support the responsible and ethical rescue of companion animals. We offer membership exclusively to groups and organisations that agree to and abide by our Code of Ethics. Any breach of our Code of Ethics or any unprofessional conduct will result in immediate suspension of membership.Please note: PetRescue does not comprehensively evaluate nor endorse the practices of any organisation or individual.To become a PetRescue Member you must agree to and abide by the following terms:
  • All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:
    • Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.

[*]We have read and agree to abide by PetRescue's Pet Listing Rules and understand that failure to do so will result in the immediate removal of offending listings, and may result in the suspension or removal of membership.[*]We operate our rescue group to support the welfare of the animals in our care and not for personal gain. Any fees we charge for adoption or other services are directly invested in our organisation's ongoing work. While we may have paid staff, our group or shelter is intended to operate as a not-for-profit or charitable organisation.[*]We are a registered non-profit group or charity, or are working towards becoming one.[*]We are dedicated to the care of animals and educational efforts to promote the welfare of those animals. As part of this commitment, we provide education and support to those who adopt animals from us.[*]We screen our adoptive homes carefully and do not place animals without conducting a screening.[*]We will provide paperwork, such as change of ownership, microchip and vaccination details to the new owner in a timely manner.[*]We make provision to offer after-adoption follow up and support to our adopters over the life of their pets, including a returns policy for adopted animals.[*]We are operating our group according to, and in compliance with, all federal, state, and local regulations, laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and codes, and possess the required permits or licence(s) (if applicable).[*]We will endeavour to keep all information posted on the PetRescue website up to date.[*]We recognise PetRescue makes no guarantee of any of the information posted by us. Any pets found, adopted through, or listed on PetRescue are the sole responsibility of us as the advertiser and/or the adopting party.[*]We acknowledge PetRescue has the right to remove, edit or alter any information posted on the website at their discretion.[*]All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes.[*]PetRescue may contact us at any time to verify information submitted to the website. We are required to ensure a contact name and phone number are maintained in our account details for such purpose.[*]We understand PetRescue may make changes and/or updates to the Code of Ethics or Pet Listing Rules at any time, and we will be required to adhere to these changes to remain a member.

If you have any queries about our Rescue Member Code of Ethics, please contact us at [email protected]

Surely this 'note' works both ways - RescueName does not comprehensively evaluate nor endorse the practices of any other organisation or individual so cannot refer them back to pr?

This one ticked me off a little when I was the one taking photos for our rescue... PetRescue grabbed a few of mine for their own purposes... one in particular was used to promote their pet foster thing, which peed me off that they hadn't even let me know that it was going to be used for that purpose. Seriously contemplated putting a watermark copyright on my photos after that... grrr!

All information, including photos, contact information and animal descriptions posted to the website, becomes the property of PetRescue and may be used in promotions and for marketing purposes.

T.

• 2 weeks later...