Latest; $100 Boosts A Pet's Social Profile

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And finally, the success of the Adoptables fundraising campaign means we are able to begin development of the long-awaited Matchmakers Project - an innovative tech solution to lighten the workload of rescue group members, cut down the number of unsuitable applications, improve the experience for all potential pet adopters and find the right home for pets faster. The Matchmakers Project draws on our learnings from Carsales and Airbnb to develop a new adoption enquiry management system that's faster, more efficient and, most importantly, will save more lives. This is a massive development project that will be rolled out in phases between now and Christmas. We aim to have the whole system live by the beginning of 2017.

This is a new communications system that will be able to track our contacts with people and the number of inquiries we decline or accept or don't respond to. As well as a more efficient way of them so sign up their donors.

I feel like nobody wants to believe that just maybe things aren't as all sunshine and roses as they look. Just watch and see.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/267081-pet-rescues-new-comm-system-explained/

Edited by Powerlegs

They just failed by using 'learnings'.

You mean misusing it. Someone has been carefully studying corporate motivational gobbledegook.

I have mixed feelings about what is happening at Petrescue. They certainly do provide a service, a good one. And they provide it to both rescuers and adopters free of charge. I have absolutely zero qualms about them raising funds to continue to do that, or to extend or improve those services.

But I admit to being somewhat afraid that they will abuse their own hard earned reputation by becoming one of the big money hungry charities that become so top heavy that they lose sight of their original goal. Donation gathering ability is highly prized in the charity executive employee resume as is the establishment of expensive projects. Not saying that that is the case here, but there have been so many changes lately, and it is not always clear to me how those changes are going to improve things for pets or adopters or rescuers.

I think its done agreat job and Im happy for them to fundraise to keep it going but there is no way I would want information kept and used to solicit funds from people who are contacting me

I get that some here are right behind their's and Shel's pound program but that coupled with this will impact on small rescue .No big deal as long as they know and understand that and are happy to shut down and have an "exit plan" but I think there is a place for small rescue [ run well] and Im not convinced that just getting them out and moving them into new homes without assessment is agood thing

I keep waiting for someone to come in and defend what has been said about small rescue and its hard for me to see why everyone was so upset with P Rounds when this is all they do and happy to back what has been said and is being done without a whimper.

I think its done agreat job and Im happy for them to fundraise to keep it going but there is no way I would want information kept and used to solicit funds from people who are contacting me

I get that some here are right behind their's and Shel's pound program but that coupled with this will impact on small rescue .No big deal as long as they know and understand that and are happy to shut down and have an "exit plan" but I think there is a place for small rescue [ run well] and Im not convinced that just getting them out and moving them into new homes without assessment is agood thing

I keep waiting for someone to come in and defend what has been said about small rescue and its hard for me to see why everyone was so upset with P Rounds when this is all they do and happy to back what has been said and is being done without a whimper.

I'm not sure what you mean embarrass.gif but I'm staying well away from participating in the pound program discussion because I think my feelings on the matter of home visits, assessment and quarantine as well as lifetime support and a return policy are viewed as fairly militant. But also because I get sick of having the Winograd way preached at me like I'm some kind of fossil who wants dogs to die.

Somewhere I did hint that the listing of photos and taking donations for dogs you don't actually touch was familiar, but it wasn't taken up by anyone.

They just failed by using 'learnings'.

You mean misusing it. Someone has been carefully studying corporate motivational gobbledegook.

I have mixed feelings about what is happening at Petrescue. They certainly do provide a service, a good one. And they provide it to both rescuers and adopters free of charge. I have absolutely zero qualms about them raising funds to continue to do that, or to extend or improve those services.

But I admit to being somewhat afraid that they will abuse their own hard earned reputation by becoming one of the big money hungry charities that become so top heavy that they lose sight of their original goal. Donation gathering ability is highly prized in the charity executive employee resume as is the establishment of expensive projects. Not saying that that is the case here, but there have been so many changes lately, and it is not always clear to me how those changes are going to improve things for pets or adopters or rescuers.

Spot on, the new guy is all that and more. laugh.gif