Newbie✋🏼 Few Q's

Boss1

Thank you everyone! So many wonderful responses. Had a little giggle definitely no showing him any pom poms! If I had it my way I would have a weim, vizsla, or German Shepard! I have fallen for the little toy poodle in such a mysterious way! I have seen many teddy bear looking ones just gorgeous!!

Perhaps a maternal instinct is finally surfacing at 31! ????

is the German pinscher to "full on"? I've read they need careful training. I'm happy to put in the work, it just that I feel that my partner and I are quite new at the doggy thing.

Shepards I owned were looked after by the whole family growing up

I don't no how to add photos off my mobile (I'm usually quite tech savvy, honest! This mobile version of this site has me floored!)

The toy poodle I fell in love with was a little red one I found on Instagram by the name of Jinkee! :)

Tell him if his masculinity is defined by the kind of dog you have he's got bigger problems.

+1

I have owned (or been owned)by many poodles and I can tell you that every male I have had in my life that thought they were wuss dogs has been proven wrong smitten by them ever since.

I think that there are many breeds of dogs I dearly would love to own..but when it comes down to it I know I have to base my choice on one that suits my lifestyle, living arrangements and budget.

My favorite breeds are Dobermanns, Rottweilers and working breeds...I have owned these but currently need to have a breed that suits my living situation and currently poodles are my breed.

No offence meant but you accuse your partner of "joining the blue staffy craze" yet you have fallen in love with a red poodle which has its own FB blog. I have red poodles (which by the way do not stay red) but I can tell you that red poodles are victim to their own craze....many byb that breed for color and not health/temperament/conformation. There are reputable breeders out there but you need to be just as vigilant to the dog you buy.

Yes Jinkee is cute but like all poodles you need to consider so much more..I personally dont think he represents all that is whole breed is....poodles are a diverse breed.

I would suggest looking into deciding upon a shortlist and then attending some dog shows and meet those who know the breeds well.

for the reasons you put, clean, no odour or shedding, as for trainability your first choice was the right one, look up lamb clips

on these photos, dont need pom poms on head or tail check out these options

https://www.google.c...H9Y2A-ttboGM%3A

When I think of a standard poodle this photo just encapsulates them for me. A true athletic sporting dog. Nothing girly about that!

I feel like I should quit work to get through all the interesting info on this forum!

After weeks of arguing I do not think I will win my fight for a beautiful toy poodle. He will not budge on this. Unfortunately will be needing something a little more "masculine" no offence poodle.

German Pinscher??

I'm looking for a lively little character who will become part of the family. We are in our 30's with no children and live in a great suburb near the beach. Small to medium size, ideally with minimal shedding and low doggy odour ????????????

We are fairly active, do a coastal beachside walk at least 4 times a week and I will be taking doggy with me to cafes etc. partner works from home

Whippet.

Mind you have I have poodles and highly recommend them. You could get one of each in time.

I am happy to have any coloured toy. I just say the red poodle so feel for the look. After reading a little and researching I like the personality of the little toy and feel it will suit my lifestyle.

Thank u for the other suggestions I will look into them. The most important thing for me is to welcome a dog into a loving home so will not be making this choice lightly.

Will be attending the dog show this Saturday in Sydney. Came about it on dogsnsw.com.au

How did the show go, any inspirations?

Poodles don't have to be woosey, show your offsider only the hunting shots from the link, tell him they were used successfully as "find and tell" Kangaroo-dogs in earlier days when hunting kangaroos with dogs was legal and common.

Hehe I'm going it alone!

I'm happy to learn more about the breed and hopefully chat with a few breeders, regardless of of their fabulous clipping styles! :)

thank you chloe08

I've read through quite a lengthy poodle thread and so far I have only seen the name Jenuin pop up. Sounds like this is the place to contact. Was hoping for somewhere in NSW but if Jenuin comes highly recommended on this forum I will make the trip if the time comes

My hubby was convinced that a toy poodle was for us when he saw how intelligent one was in person... we went to a bbq and one of his mates took his new toy poodle puppy along.

My hubby's mate wouldn't stop going on about how smart and cool he was. He was also super cute so I was already swayed :)

Best thing we ever did and now I am looking at showing miniature poodles in the future :)