Rash And Warts - Need Advice

We have an 8.5 yo Golden Retriever who has been relatively healthy his whole life other than a couple of mast cell tumours he had removed approx 4 years ago and a couple of bad bouts of gastro. Approx 4 months ago he started getting a scaly red rash mainly in his belly and underside, and the vet believes it is an allergy to something but we haven't been able to work out what. It doesn't bother him too much although he does try to lick the spots but generally can't get to them. We apply neotopic ? cream and they tend to go away, but they keep reappearing in other places but we haven't been able to get to the bottom of what is causing them. We have been to our vet twice about them and he said that it was on the low end of the scale for allergies dogs experience but we don't like to see him like this when he has never had a skin issue before and never any hot spots. Does anyone have any advice or comments on what might be causing it and how we can get rid of it? We haven't changed his diet or food so don't think it is food related,

The second issue we have is a raised red lump on his lip which looks similar to a wart. He had these when he was a puppy and they eventually cleared up themselves. Does it look like a wart to others? Are warts normal in older dogs? I would have thought he would have built up resistance from when he had them when he was younger. He does like to chew on sticks so maybe it is a sore from that, but as we have already been to the vet twice regarding the rash so don't want take him back a 3rd time if this doesn't seem serious. Again, any comments or advice welcomed!

can't see any pictures? Are there pictures?

dogs get skin things.

There are a number of common garden plants that cause skin problems for dogs. "wandering jew" and other plants in that family are a problem. And my dog is probably allergic to kikuyu grass - especially when it's flowering in spring and early summer. It gives me a rash if I lie on it with bare skin in contact.

If your dog spends a lot of time in the back yard - what is she lying on? Maybe make a raised bed there?