Lola

huga

So sorry for your loss Huga. Brought tears to my eyes. I feel like I have known her for years through DOL. I had been hoping to get up to Noosa one day and hopefully run into you with Sid and Lola so I could meet them. Alas, not to be. I'm sure she is catching up with Harry over the rainbow bridge.

Condolences to you and your family. Big hugs for Sid :cry: RIP Lola.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shock to read this :cry: :cry: . Over the years we have been privileged to see so many wonderful photographs taken by you showing the love and happiness that abound in your household. Your beautiful boys (so grown up) and the dogs. :love: :love: :love: Words fail me.

I'm so sorry, I didn't know she wasn't doing well, but one line you wrote really struck a chord with me, and it's exactly how I feel, and I hope you can be at peace with your decision. You said :" I didn't want to wait until every day was a bad day" Yes! Exactly! Thank you for having the strength of character and loving her enough to let her go before she reached that point.

RIP sweet, funny Lola. xx

Me too, K. I am in tears as I type wondering whether I will know when it is time for Danny. I know there are a lot of posts in which people say, “you will know when the time is right.” But some dogs are so stoic and it sounds like Lola was one of those.

Such dear, funny, precious, precious parts of us. So hard to let go.

:rainbowbridge: Lola.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

So sorry to hear about your beautiful girl.

:hug: to you and your family and sweet Lola fly with the angels to the :rainbowbridge: My heart boy passed five years ago on Friday coming and along with Harry I am sure she will be shown the ropes.

The kids are sad, but did most of their crying when they said goodbye this morning. My husband broke down when he came home from work (one of about 5 times I've ever seen him cry) and Sid is just sad and lost. He keeps glancing around for her, but is very flat. Every night my husband does back exercises on the floor and every night we end up crating Sid because he thinks it's an invitation for a game. Not tonight. He's laying next to him.

Oh that's so sad.

Did Sid see her after she was let go? Sometimes it helps them, but even so, I would still expect him to miss her.

Thank you all so much. She'd been weakening in her back end for some time. She hadn't been able to come out on walks for about 2 years. Nerve damage meant she couldn't feel much at all, but was bearing the brunt of her weight on her front legs, which I'm sure was taking its toll. She'd had fecal incontinence for over six months, which on its own wasn't a big deal. But on the weekend I took her out for a wee and she couldn't squat without falling over and I knew it was time. I told my vet I always thought the line would be when she stops eating, but he said in breeds like pugs, the love of food will conquer pretty much anything and to wait for her to give up on food really would be waiting too long. He took one look at her yesterday and said he would do the same. In true pug style, she fought the sedation every step of the way, even when he gave her extra. I knew she would. He told me that pugs never want to go quietly.

I was hoping I wouldn't find this here :(

sounds like you gave her the perfect day out, so sad, so hard ... just so sorry

so sorry for your loss for lovely loved Lola :cry:

I'm sure Harry will look after her :rainbowbridge:

and poor Sid, very hard

Thank you CM <3

The kids are sad, but did most of their crying when they said goodbye this morning. My husband broke down when he came home from work (one of about 5 times I've ever seen him cry) and Sid is just sad and lost. He keeps glancing around for her, but is very flat. Every night my husband does back exercises on the floor and every night we end up crating Sid because he thinks it's an invitation for a game. Not tonight. He's laying next to him.

Oh that's so sad.

Did Sid see her after she was let go? Sometimes it helps them, but even so, I would still expect him to miss her.

No, we left her with the vet and I didn't want to take him along as I thought it would be more distressing for everyone.

Sending big hugs to you all Huga. It's such a hard decision to make, and the ache doesn't go for a very long time, but as others have said letting her go now is the right thing to do. I hope Sid recovers soon, if it's any consolation Fleming really suffered when Tess went, and wouldn't even eat, but the worst of it only lasted a few days then he gradually perked up.

RIP Lola, may you find many sunny patches over the bridge.

So sorry to read this Huga. Lola was such a star. It sucks that we have to say goodbye to our very much loved family members way too soon.

Hugs to you and your family.

Run free at the bridge Lola.

Oh huga I'm so sorry. It's Panto's anniversary today, two beautiful souls whocan share a date and play together over the rainbow bridge �

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two wonderful dogs. The harder you hurt shows just how loved and loving they were.

The kids are ok. Ollie (my eldest) got quite upset saying goodbye on Wednesday morning before school. But other than that they've been quite alright. I think spending the afternoon at the beach with her the day before really did help.