Lola

huga

Oh old girl, today was the day we gave you your wings. I'd hoped the decision would be easier, that somehow you would let us know. But you didn't. You fought tooth and nail right to the end, in typical pug style. I thought I'd feel some peace, but I don't. It just hurts. Yesterday I took you for ice cream and then an afternoon trip to the beach, I'm positive it was the best day of your life. You enjoyed yourself so much. So much that I was doubting that final vet appointment we'd made. But this morning you were tired, you found a patch of sun and snoozed away - not even getting up to greet me when I got home from a very teary school run. It was time. Even though you still found joy in food, your body was giving up. I didn't want to wait until every day was a bad day. So I hope that wherever it is that dogs go when they leave us, that it is warm and you find your patch of morning sun. That you find Harry and he can show you around while you chase him on legs that work properly again. He always was your favourite. I know you didn't love Sid as much as he loves you, but he has already searched the house for you and it's breaking my heart. If it's possible, I think he will feel this more than anyone else in this family. Thank you for being the most lovely, stubborn, happy, tough little comedian we've ever known. We will miss you so much xx

27257577180_2531a94a00_c.jpg

27533938515_c67559e7bd_c.jpg

27533936115_5f4c2fe2cd_c.jpg

27257556940_fef2f4e46a_c.jpg

26925611633_d2698ece86_c.jpg

26925608973_6b9fb99c61_c.jpg

Edited by huga

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry, I didn't know she wasn't doing well, but one line you wrote really struck a chord with me, and it's exactly how I feel, and I hope you can be at peace with your decision. You said :" I didn't want to wait until every day was a bad day" Yes! Exactly! Thank you for having the strength of character and loving her enough to let her go before she reached that point.

RIP sweet, funny Lola. xx

Oh Huga! I am so sorry for the loss of your Lola. What a grand old age for a snorty little puglet. You have given her the greatest gift - a wonderful, full life, and a dignified, peaceful passing.

Those photos are all perfect :hug:

RIP Lola, you are so loved :rainbowbridge:

When you are sorrowful,

look again inside your heart

and you shall see that in truth

you are sweeping for that

which has been a delight

- Khalil Gibran

Edited by Ruffles

Oh huga... biggest virtual hugs from me to you and yours...

Remember Lola with a smile in your heart... she was a character, and has left you with so many amazing happy memories.

Fly with the angels Lola... you were loved by many who never met you...

T.

I'm so sorry, I didn't know she wasn't doing well, but one line you wrote really struck a chord with me, and it's exactly how I feel, and I hope you can be at peace with your decision. You said :" I didn't want to wait until every day was a bad day" Yes! Exactly! Thank you for having the strength of character and loving her enough to let her go before she reached that point.

RIP sweet, funny Lola. xx

Thank you. Working as a vet nurse in the past has meant I've seen animals continue on for perhaps longer than they should. I didn't want that for her, as hard as it was. My vet reassured me that we were making the right choice.

The kids are sad, but did most of their crying when they said goodbye this morning. My husband broke down when he came home from work (one of about 5 times I've ever seen him cry) and Sid is just sad and lost. He keeps glancing around for her, but is very flat. Every night my husband does back exercises on the floor and every night we end up crating Sid because he thinks it's an invitation for a game. Not tonight. He's laying next to him.

Oh huga I am so very sorry that this day has come, but you have given Lola an amazing gift through your act of love: the gift of a dignified and peaceful departure over the Bridge. She will be forever in your memories, forever in your hearts, and forever a part of your life story.

Goodbye gorgeous, funny Girl. Rest In Peace.