Filthy, Hungry And Cramped: Alleged Puppy Factory Raided Read More: H

Steve

Haas the case gone before a magistrate yet? Though I understand it takes time to put together an appropriate case. I'd guess the future for the seized little dogs would rest on the court's decision.

Far as Im aware there have been no charges .There were some directions to comply with things in the code but nothing more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was the name and kennel of the second person shared?

Yes. Diane Knight Knightbridge Kennels .

But as is usually the case there is a lot going on here which is not true and has been mixed up into one to make it sound worse and sensationalised and exaggerated.

I expect crap from animal rights but Personally I think the RSPCA comments were way out of line and I question their motives and ethics and their lack of confidentiality in discussing things like this before any one is charged or found guilty

Im all for making people accountable but the way this has been done and reported doesnt seem very fair to me.

The RSPCA, if various FB posts are correct, knew about this years ago and did nothing - surprisingly, given they usually love an opportunity to jump all over ANKC breeders, what with their anti-pedigree propaganda n all. I suspect there's some blame shifting going on and who better to shift the blame to than Dogs Vic?

Edited by Sheridan

The RSPCA, if various FB posts are correct, knew about this years ago and did nothing - surprisingly, given they usually love an opportunity to jump all over ANKC breeders, what with their anti-pedigree propaganda n all. I suspect there's some blame shifting going on and who better to shift the blame to than Dogs Vic?

According to info Ive received The RSPCA raided her years ago but she came up clean.She was suspended by the ANKC but that was because she didnt submit paper work to explain when it was demanded not because of her treatment of her dogs

The photos of her property in the media recently were 10 years old. It would be pretty easy to have some minor breaches of the code if they got picky with that many dogs and we dont know how serious they were.

The photo of the dog in poor condition was one of the neighbours dogs - it just smells a bit and I still dont think the RSPCA should make public statements and give details when its in such an early phase.

According to info Ive received The RSPCA raided her years ago but she came up clean.She was suspended by the ANKC but that was because she didnt submit paper work to explain when it was demanded not because of her treatment of her dogs

The photos of her property in the media recently were 10 years old. It would be pretty easy to have some minor breaches of the code if they got picky with that many dogs and we dont know how serious they were.

The photo of the dog in poor condition was one of the neighbours dogs - it just smells a bit and I still dont think the RSPCA should make public statements and give details when its in such an early phase.

Naughty, your not supposed to notice things like that. the whole idea is trial by media and where animals are concerned there is no such thing as innocent until proven guilty. Even if down the track there is no fire found, the smoke it is hoped will have done sufficient damage and there will be another one less "horrible breeder" if it works and they give up under the stress.

I suspect down the track the opportunity will be offered to pay a fee to become "officially approved" like the chook farms and so on. no tick, smoked

Edited by asal

I can only cite Qld experience.... I don't know how the law works in Victoria. The final arbiter if laws have been broken or not & what is to happen with dogs seized, is a magistrate hearing both evidence & any rebuttal in a court of law. Which is why I asked if the case has been heard yet before a magistrate.

I can only cite Qld experience.... I don't know how the law works in Victoria. The final arbiter if laws have been broken or not & what is to happen with dogs seized, is a magistrate hearing both evidence & any rebuttal in a court of law. Which is why I asked if the case has been heard yet before a magistrate.

Same in Victoria but no charges have been laid - so far.

• 2 months later...

One lucky little doggie! (Link, imgr won't give me a direct .jpg attachment. It's a photo of a news article on Monday on Millie the cav from Longwood puppy mill!)

Irked by the lack of info on what's happening with the two people. Heather and the other person?

Bit of a grump session here but here we go since it's related to Heather Healey:

I noticed Heather's name and Euroa kennel was still listed as an affiliate with Dogs Vic last month (while looking at ajuly document so hopefully it was accidentally overlooked).

Made me wonder though. At what point would this ?organisation? provide an update on the status of her? Last time they only banned her for 5 years, and that information is only mentioned in news articles not from Dogs Vic themselves. They said "any member found in breach of the Association Codes of Practice will be subject to disciplinary action" - but how do you know if and when this happens? How do you identify breeder's with 'strikes' against them, so to speak? Or will they quietly remove from lists, if that, then reinstate again in 5 years?

I'm troubled because I'm not sure how I'm expected to trust DogsVic vouching for various kennels with stuff like this being so hidden. The website is frustrating to use, there's no updates, I can't find where to check current membership, all I can do is go with my gut when meeting people then google like crazy. I would not want to get a dog from Heather, even if registered and supposedly reformed or whatever crap had her unbanned last time. But it'd be damn hard to find any of this out if her name was suggested to me! (prior to the raid and all the news articles that is)

Not confident in DogsVic at all and frustrated by the lack of transparency.

Edited by Thistle the dog