Dog Holiday Suggestions?

Cosmolo

Does anyone have any suggestions for Winter, dog friendly holiday accommodation/ areas where there are plenty of walks/ hikes either in Victoria or southern NSW. Somewhere picturesque and reasonably quiet please! Needs to be genuinely dog friendly.

Lakes Entrance and surrounds are superb this time of year - rug up for the beach but it's stunning and deserted.

Mildura is a favourite too - can be a bit warmer.

Bright is COLD but fabulous.

Have only camped (powered site) at these destinations but the surrounding pubs, wineries etc have been very welcoming - especially with well behaved dogs in the off season. We often ring ahead or ask when we get there and that goes down very well.... "normally we don't but yes that would be fine" and then give us a great spot outside, offer a water bowl etc. Really lovely.

Recently stayed in a dog friendly farm stay in Bordertown. Fabulous.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Bells, a good air b&b in Maldon - (I'm calling in myself today to see those new puppies and pick up some goat's milk). Walks in the area are pretty good, tracks on flat or into the hills.

https://www.facebook...sretreatmaldon/ - this is a bit more general look at the property

and this is the airbnb info for it

https://www.airbnb.c...u/rooms/8815682

For pets they just have to be under control so it's case by case, need to speak to owner I think, depends on kind of dog and owner. Winter this year not too bad as we've had some decent rain to green everything up, walks up into the hills around are good, and the town is very cute olde worlde but has pretty much everything. Plus good craft and farmers market second-Sunday each month. Maldon district has some interesting stuff to see and this old church conversion is well out of town and something really different to stay in.

Edit to add - Cosmolo I just spoke to Cheryl so asked - she said dogs are fine because the church is set far away from the main house where her dogs are fenced in, never had a problem with guests dogs. My problem visiting today is not to order a Maremma pup no matter how squeeeee. They are 2 weeks old. I have alpacas to guard my chookies and sheepies. I do not need a Maremma. I do not need a Maremma.

Edited by PossumCorner

www.elmcottages.com.au

Situated in the Tumut area, absolutely dog friendly and very human friendly. Quiet and beautiful.

I second this - I've not been but follow them on facebook. Lived down that way as a kid too - stunning area. Plus it must be good to bring a lurker out ;)

https://www.facebook.com/ElmCottageTumut/?fref=ts

Alternatively you could try Air BnB