Bed Hogs Lol

*kirty*

Love the Petris! How many of you (like me) will fess up to sleeping with an uncovered limb so you don't disturb the dogs cause they look so comfy? What bugs me most is if you try to move them they turn to immovable stone until you give up. But if you get up during the night to pee you can be certain they will move as fast as they can to be the first one into your nice warm spot.

I wonder if they are worse deprivers of sleep than sharing your bed with kids (or a snoring partner)?

I can say that sharing a bed with dozer is much more disruptive than sleeping with my snoring partner!

Dozer pushes me off the bed, hogs the blankets, snores and grumbles if he's not completely covered..

That said, I love my day time naps with dozer

Kirty where are you cats? Did they find a bed with less competition?

I once woke up with the stiffest neck and couldn't move - had a fleeting thought I was paralysed. I discovered I had a small cat curled around the top of my head. :laugh:

Jemappelle I also had a dream once that I was paralysed - couldn't get up and walk and I was dragging myself along the ground with my arms. Turns out a 20kg dog was sleeping on my back!

Rozzie don't get me wrong - I find it very comforting to reach over and feel the fur kids close by as I sleep but I wouldn't mind some personal space is all! And my linen choices revolve around the dogs - is there enough fluffy blankies on one side for Tempeh to burrow into? Is there enough doona space on my side for Stussy to get under? Have I left enough doona on the right of me in case someone wants to swap sides during the night without getting cold? Who cares about my needs! There is half a queen sized bed that never gets used!

It's not uncommon in this house to wake up feeling like you're pinned down - to realise the 9kg cat is asleep on your back, with paws either side of your head.

Otherwise it's a 65kg dog who ventures into the bed on colder nights but insists on sleeping with his head on a pillow. But only if your back is to him - otherwise he stays at the bottom of the bed. Instant your back is turned, he's up like a shot.

Jemappelle I also had a dream once that I was paralysed - couldn't get up and walk and I was dragging myself along the ground with my arms. Turns out a 20kg dog was sleeping on my back!

Rozzie don't get me wrong - I find it very comforting to reach over and feel the fur kids close by as I sleep but I wouldn't mind some personal space is all! And my linen choices revolve around the dogs - is there enough fluffy blankies on one side for Tempeh to burrow into? Is there enough doona space on my side for Stussy to get under? Have I left enough doona on the right of me in case someone wants to swap sides during the night without getting cold? Who cares about my needs! There is half a queen sized bed that never gets used!

Scottsdad is away this week. There's currently 1/2 a king sized bed not being used.... but noooooooooo....

I have trouble sleeping without dog snores.

My guys have great bed manners . It's summer here and hot. I fold my donna in half and sleep under sheets only on the outside half. The dogs sleep on the inside half on the folded doona.

My only complaint, and it's not really a complaint, is that Jarrah, my old girl, woofs at me when she wants to come up on the bed. She's pushing 12 years and her night vision isn't up to navigating the dog body landscape in the dark. Often she goes up and down a couple times a night. Sigh.