Spotted On Facebook

asal

might even lead to less pillaring of breeders if this was understood better, or is that daydreaming?

photo.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xal1/v/t1.0-9/11223814_1174068439274649_1735211167372470899_n.jpg?oh=49f411c5995e7bd4b14a5ae81f09c832&oe=5806569C&__gda__=1476025776_efc303965b18d92aeebae8db1bd2ddf9

25 September 2015

There was a farmer who grew excellent quality corn. Every year he won the award for the best grown corn. One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and learned something interesting about how he grew it. The reporter discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbors. “How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbors when they are entering corn in competition with yours each year?” the reporter asked.

“Why sir,” said the farmer, “Didn’t you know? The wind picks up pollen from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbors grow inferior corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbors grow good corn.”

So is with our lives... Those who want to live meaningfully and well must help enrich the lives of others, for the value of a life is measured by the lives it touches. And those who choose to be happy must help others find happiness, for the welfare of each is bound up with the welfare of all...

-Call it power of collectivity...

-Call it a principle of success...

-Call it a law of life.

The fact is, none of us truly wins, until we all win!!

Comment

Comments

We need more farming around Mount Garnet Area.

Like · Reply · 13 June at 09:12

That's great quality control!

Like · Reply · 1 · 13 June at 09:22

I wish Baxter and Marsh in Kojonup could get hold of this.

Like · Reply · 1 · 13 June at 10:05

This is outstandingly good.

· 13 June at 10:29

exactly why breeders should work together and share but most of todays dog breeders have lost the plot

Like · Reply · 1 · 13 June at 12:50

That's how inbreeding happens. All the families of the world's ruling elite are inbred, and that is their greatest weakness. If we are to defeat them, we have to learn to co-operate.

Like · Reply · 13 June at 17:23

Inbreeding has crippled our dog breeds... and our registered heavy horses.

Like · Reply · 17 hrs

thats the easy catchphrase. I know the majority of breeders NEVER inbreed. Yet constant outcross kennels have produced more rubbish and deformaties than I ever saw at P B E.....a Kennels. she did was the old time legendary breeders did, crosses mother to son and father to daughter and only kept the stock that didnt produce faults.line and inbreeding used properly finds the animals carrying faults and then can be eliminated from the gene pool. dominate genes show with just one pattern. recessives are hidden unless the youngster gets a copy from each parent. you cant get two defective copies if you had already screened at least one parent by in or line breeding it first to ensure it doesnt carry hidden defects. in or line breeding has been used for dna tested across the entire gentetic spectrum for thousands of years before dna tests arrived on the scene only a few years ago. they test for a few dozen of the tens of thousands that are sitting waiting to say SUPRISE ! you can inbreed or line breed and a faulty gene cant show if it wasnt there in the first place. you can constantly outcross and still get disasters and its not because it was inbred, it was because both parents have a gene thats been there for generations and no one knew. but hey why learn genetics when its easier to say hey some mongred has inbred

Like · Reply · 10 hrs

then there are the faulty genes that just mutated at conception. not anything to do with inbreeding. neither parent had a faulty gene. google down syndrome for starters, its not restricted to humans , my sister gave me a medical book listing and photos of just a few hundred abnormalities that occur at conception babies with xxx, yxx yyx and that's just the mix-ups that can occurr on the sex chromosomes... and photos of the poor babies born. happens in humans and animals and not an inbred parent in sight. not a book to read before or during pregnancy

Like · Reply · 10 hrs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYY_syndrome

XYY syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org

Like · Reply · Remove Preview · 10 hrs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYY_syndrome

XYY syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org

Like · Reply · Remove Preview · 10 hrs

http://www.rarechromo.org/.../Chro.../Tetrasomy_X%20FTNW.pdf

Like · Reply · 10 hrs

what crippled our dog breeds is breeding to exagerate features to the degree that the result either has no face to breathe normally, a mouth big enough for its tongue to fit inside. eyes so big they can fall out, lids can hardly cover to keep dirt and dust out of them, skin so loose the eyelids droop so low they only function seems to be as dirt catchers? or the other extreme skull so short or so long and narrow there's hardly room for the brain. just look at what sooo many breeds looked like, some as little as 50 years ago and what is to me laughingly described as the "improved" version. to my eye its the destroyed version. to achieve it they inbred and line bred all right but nothing to do with genetically related parents they put shorter face to shorter face till there is no face. and ditto for every other feature it was decided to exaggerate to the point of destruction of comfort, health ...u name it

Like · Reply · 1 · 10 hrs · Edited

look at the halter quarter horse? hocks so straight they have bog and bone spavin before they are in their teens let alone arthritis. feet too small to carry the massive weight above them, so if arthritis doesn't get them navicular will

Like · Reply · 1 · 10 hrs · Edited

Your points are excellent Sy. I was referring to registered clydesdales who are now very light in the bone as there are so few clydesdales left in Australia that the available gene pool has shrunk.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Edited by asal