Where Are They Now?

Starkehre's thread made me think how proud I am of Em's pups and how fortunate I am to get the opportunity to train with some of them...

A quick walk down memory lane...1 day old...

9AA657B5-DBC0-451D-9B66-FCBAC9799769_zpsalvdvyyh.jpg

5-6 weeks old...

A1CC7E92-D274-4D01-BEC6-7B98772ED781_zpswhlkkxrn.jpg

Three out of four of the pups have done Susan Garrett's Recallers course and we have all made videos for the annual competition.

So here's Murphy's video....first born, formerly known as Jim. LOVES water and his owner has done a phenomenal job of of training a recall. He also does nose works, has an education role in his owner's job and is training for retrieving trials.

And this is Zac, formerly known as Bernard. Such a sweetie pie, Zac seems to have boundless energy, loves the water but really loves running and hunting. Once again, his dedicated owner has put the work in and has been well rewarded. Zac is also training for retrieving trials.

And of course, the high energy, slightly crazy sister Ginny starring alongside Ziggy and Em...Ginny is doing foundation training for both agility and retrieving.

Sir Humphrey is living a lovely life, attending obedience club and melting hearts everywhere. His owner hopes to trial him in Rally-O.

And what about Em? Well....we just arrived home from the 2016 Agility Nationals where she qualified for the Novice Agility 400 final (twice with second places) and went on to WIN and so now is the National Champion. What a gal.

Em%20flying_zpskj7kamz0.jpg

And on an unusual side-note, all the pups are still entire. I asked owners to allow them to at least finish growing first - two had never owned an entire dog before - and at no time have their owners had cause for concern.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Wow, this is so fantastic. Thanks for sharing TSD. Love the photos and videos.

The puppies are doing so well. No wonder you are so proud. so fantastic!!! :thumbsup:

This.

All the videos were cute - but heck Zack is super cute!

They are all so grown up!

And doing so well.

Congrats to Em too :) quite the achievement

Definitely keep me informed if you are planning some more babies :D

but no doubt i'll be stalking you anyways haha

The puppies are doing so well. No wonder you are so proud. so fantastic!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks - I knew you would understand my pride :D Just happy, joyful and loved. Anything else is icing on the cake.

This.

All the videos were cute - but heck Zack is super cute!

Isn't he a darling! Yes, he's a big puppy at heart still and very lanky - super, super cute. I've just spent a few weeks with him in SA. Murphy is a stocky lad and JUST like Em in terms of training. Can get a little intense when shaping :laugh:

They are all so grown up!

And doing so well.

Congrats to Em too :) quite the achievement

Definitely keep me informed if you are planning some more babies :D

but no doubt i'll be stalking you anyways haha

The whole litter is gorgeous - very handsome and well put together although quite different in type/character.

I think either Em's next season later this year or mid 2017 and I will think about having another litter. Choosing the sire will, in part, depend on who is interested and what they are looking for in a pup! Whilst I'd love to do this mating again none of these pups are for the faint of heart :laugh:

They are all gorgeous, and so keen! You must be so proud of them! :thumbsup:

Yes, gorgeous and enthusiastic - Ginny has enough keenness for everyone...she is a bit behind her brothers in terms of mental maturity and focus but I just had her out for some agility training (Susan Salo V-bounce plus Susan Garret directionals on cones) and she was absolutely explosive! So fun to see it all "click" with the babies.

???????????? what a bunch of little champs! Literally!

And they are all getting really, really snuggly....getting Ginny off the pillow in the morning is not easy and I know the others are starting to slow down enough for some cuddles!

Congratulations! You must be so proud of all of them. They look fantastic. :thumbsup:

It is so great to be able to see them grow isn't it. I love keeping in touch with all 'my' puppies. Grace's litter is 3 years old now. I know what every pup is up to and consider their owners to be friends. They each have their own page on my website kept up to date with pictures. You can see them here: http://espinay.com/a-litter

Congratulations! You must be so proud of all of them. They look fantastic. :thumbsup:

It is so great to be able to see them grow isn't it. I love keeping in touch with all 'my' puppies. Grace's litter is 3 years old now. I know what every pup is up to and consider their owners to be friends. They each have their own page on my website kept up to date with pictures. You can see them here: http://espinay.com/a-litter

Lovely website espinay! That's next on my To Do list!

Yes, it's a bit special watching them grow up :thumbsup:

And on an unusual side-note, all the pups are still entire. I asked owners to allow them to at least finish growing first - two had never owned an entire dog before - and at no time have their owners had cause for concern.

yes :thumbsup: !...with the significant higher risks regarding ligament injuries for de-sexed dogs those athletes are best left entire, at least till they are grown up. Much better to have a time out from official training due to a heat cycle than due to a heavy injury.

Great video's. Your dogs can RUN!!

Ha ha yes they can! Which is why we have to work on our recalls because they disappear very quickly in the opposite direction :eek::rofl:

Here's a recall video of Em a few weeks ago - she had gone a long way and most of the way back was either in water or uphill and she still makes it look easy :laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1563406503954387&id=100008551569765

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Ha ha yes they can! Which is why we have to work on our recalls because they disappear very quickly in the opposite direction :eek::rofl:

Here's a recall video of Em a few weeks ago - she had gone a long way and most of the way back was either in water or uphill and she still makes it look easy :laugh:

https://www.facebook...100008551569765

So great!

What a champ

What a lovely update post of some incredible dogs and an incredible breeder/trainer. :thumbsup: You have a lot to be very deservedly proud of!!! I have a secret soft spot for Ziggy even though he is not even in this post. :laugh: Your springers always look like they are having a blast, if I ever convert to gundogs I know who to look up! :D

Edited by silentchild

Whaaaaa??? That is incredible!

:laugh: She's very sweet but a surprising handful when the instinct kicks in. But once I understood how to train the recall properly it was just such a fun process. She can have so much more freedom now. And for anyone wondering I had to constantly whistle her "come in" command so she could work out where I was. We were both out of sight to each other until the last few metres and the distance and undulations can be very confusing when you're so little!

What a lovely update post of some incredible dogs and an incredible breeder/trainer. :thumbsup: You have a lot to be very deservedly proud of!!! I have a secret soft spot for Ziggy even though he is not even in this post. :laugh: Your springers always look like they are having a blast, if I ever convert to gundogs I know who to look up! :D

Thank you SC, that's very kind but it has been a life's journey so far and I feel I have SO much more to learn. Ziggy says thank you - he is such an awesome lad and one of my best teachers. I remember him being such a PITA and now he's my "easy" dog :laugh:

https://www.facebook...100008551569765

So great!

What a champ

She's a cracker alright :D