K9+ Royale Soft Crate

suziwong66

We ordered a large soft crate and bag for Laikey so that she has her own soft crate during the move to Brisbane. I did a DOL search on soft crates a few weeks ago and read through the threads - their were two crates that were overwhelmingly touted as being the best quality: K9 Pro and K9+.

K9 Pro didn't have any on their website so i assume they aren't selling them anymore. I went directly to k9+'s website and ordered one earlier in the week; it arrived this afternoon.

Can't quibble with the price when you see the obvious difference of quality in comparison to Wilbur's unbranded soft crate that we bought (in a last minute hurry) several years back from Petstock. From memory, Wilbur's crate cost significantly more (it's a size bigger than Laikey's too). The royale also has two sides that open; Wilbur's only has one.

I'm really considering purchasing one for Wilbur too and then selling on his current crate. I love how the Royale has the velcro and metal hole to allow the use of a water bottle!

If anyone is looking for a high quality crate I can highly recommend the K9+ Royale - shipping is included in the price of the crate.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ordered a large soft crate and bag for Laikey so that she has her own soft crate during the move to Brisbane. I did a DOL search on soft crates a few weeks ago and read through the threads - their were two crates that were overwhelmingly touted as being the best quality: K9 Pro and K9+.

K9 Pro didn't have any on their website so i assume they aren't selling them anymore. I went directly to k9+'s website and ordered one earlier in the week; it arrived this afternoon.

Can't quibble with the price when you see the obvious difference of quality in comparison to Wilbur's unbranded soft crate that we bought (in a last minute hurry) several years back from Petstock. From memory, Wilbur's crate cost significantly more (it's a size bigger than Laikey's too). The royale also has two sides that open; Wilbur's only has one.

I'm really considering purchasing one for Wilbur too and then selling on his current crate. I love how the Royale has the velcro and metal hole to allow the use of a water bottle!

If anyone is looking for a high quality crate I can highly recommend the K9+ Royale - shipping is included in the price of the crate.

Hey wow!!! Aren't you a sweety sw66 :thumbsup: I had no idea you were a DOLer and just spotted your thread. So lovely to refresh my screen and see this thread. Thank you :)

I gather you probably were not even aware we are K9+ ?? :D

I agree! I have two of them as well. My first one is about 8 years old and still looks like new. I have my prefix on them as well which is such a lovely extra to be able to do. They really are the best crates, my old one has survived having a litter full of puppies in when I had the pups up at dogs vic for cuddles with no dramas. 6 Collie puppies having a festival of fun in them would make most crates unstable but Meg's stayed right where it was put even with the obedience people ducking in and out for cuddles. :rofl:

Hey wow!!! Aren't you a sweety sw66 :thumbsup: I had no idea you were a DOLer and just spotted your thread. So lovely to refresh my screen and see this thread. Thank you :)

After reading your reply, I vaguely remember that someone mentioned, on the search threads i read, that k9+ were on DOL but it went from my mind pretty quick and i had no thought of it when i posted; that said I didn't know who exactly was k9+ on DOL anyways biggrin.gif

My only problem now is that Wilbur at 31 kg has decided that he likes Laikey's new smaller crate and she takes exception to him helping himself; she then tries to wedge herself in with him. They are a pair of idiots laugh.gif

I had (had :cry: ) a K9+ crate and it really was excellent quality. Idiot Dog was happy to sleep in it as a bed and it seemed to have more room in it than an equivalent sized wire crate. Unfortunately for the soft crate, my OH liked to pile junk on it and eventually the plastic clip-in bit broke under the strain and no amount of duct tape would keep it in place.

I forget which make it was but it had some really nice features like a zippered pouch thing on the back for storing dog junk. They might cost more than the average soft crate but you could definitely see the differences in terms of design and manufacturing quality so I'd also recommend them.

post-19844-0-23037400-1466150201_thumb.jpg

Love the K9+ crates! Mine's lasted two dogs throughout several years and is still going strong!! I love how every window can be covered. Mine has the pouch on the back and top for stuff too. Just can't go past them for quality!

Plus the owner of K9+ is a bit of alright too. :D :D :D

Edited by silentchild

I had (had :cry: ) a K9+ crate and it really was excellent quality. Idiot Dog was happy to sleep in it as a bed and it seemed to have more room in it than an equivalent sized wire crate. Unfortunately for the soft crate, my OH liked to pile junk on it and eventually the plastic clip-in bit broke under the strain and no amount of duct tape would keep it in place.

I forget which make it was but it had some really nice features like a zippered pouch thing on the back for storing dog junk. They might cost more than the average soft crate but you could definitely see the differences in terms of design and manufacturing quality so I'd also recommend them.

Maddy, we stock a full range of spare parts. it will be a very inexpensive fix and your crate will be as new again :) Please send us an email

Love the K9+ crates! Mine's lasted two dogs throughout several years and is still going strong!! I love how every window can be covered. Mine has the pouch on the back and top for stuff too. Just can't go past them for quality!

Plus the owner of K9+ is a bit of alright too. :D :D :D

Thanks sc, you are a lovely customer and have terrific dogs xx

After reading your reply, I vaguely remember that someone mentioned, on the search threads i read, that k9+ were on DOL but it went from my mind pretty quick and i had no thought of it when i posted; that said I didn't know who exactly was k9+ on DOL anyways biggrin.gif

My only problem now is that Wilbur at 31 kg has decided that he likes Laikey's new smaller crate and she takes exception to him helping himself; she then tries to wedge herself in with him. They are a pair of idiots laugh.gif

You gotta love it when they do this. We just can't please everybody can we LOL :rofl:

I really wanted to get one of these for our new puppy, but had to go with a cheaper option for the time being. When we can afford one though I'm definitely getting one, they look fantastic... AND you can have a name embroidered on them, how nice! :D

can't keep my dog out of mine. And I've got two - a medium sized one that we use for short stays (training) and a big one (caprice?) with the sides that cover all the way round for doggy peace and long stays (competition and overnight in non dog places).

The one in the pic was the small crate (wrong choice for the night but they still both went in it).

post-31700-0-52403900-1466166809_thumb.jpg

Maddy, we stock a full range of spare parts. it will be a very inexpensive fix and your crate will be as new again :) Please send us an email

Damn. It got thrown out a while ago because I didn't realise spare parts were available :(

can't keep my dog out of mine. And I've got two - a medium sized one that we use for short stays (training) and a big one (caprice?) with the sides that cover all the way round for doggy peace and long stays (competition and overnight in non dog places).

The one in the pic was the small crate (wrong choice for the night but they still both went in it).

:thumbsup: That is so cute!!!!

Damn. It got thrown out a while ago because I didn't realise spare parts were available :(

Oh Poop :(

They're OK I suppose....... ;)

We only have 7 of them here.

Oh - and there are another 8 or so in New Caledonia. LOL.

Agility Dogs, you are without doubt one of if not our best all time customer. We thank you for your continued support mate :thanks: