K9+ Royale Soft Crate

suziwong66

Ohhh Ive been looking for a crate, this popped up at the right time. :D

Eza - can I suggest NOT for your new puppy :D Hard crates for young dogs, soft crates for older, chilled dogs. Have a look at Vebopet online for a hard crate. Yes they are heavy but your pup won't tear it to shreds :laugh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eza - can I suggest NOT for your new puppy :D Hard crates for young dogs, soft crates for older, chilled dogs. Have a look at Vebopet online for a hard crate. Yes they are heavy but your pup won't tear it to shreds :laugh:

Thanks TSD. Actually soft styled crates can work perfectly well for young puppies. It depends entirely on the intended crating application and on the owner, their time, commitment and plan.

That said I always find out these things and many more before I would advise that a customer get one of our crates for a youngster or not. I am the first to suggest a steel crate if I don't believe the owner is up to the training and scenario required for a soft styled crate. For us it is all about the right tool for the job, not closing a sale. I have people thank us for advising them away from one of our crates if the situation or application raises any red or even orange flags for us.

But a blanket "no way" is definitely not exactly right :)

Just to support this - I used my girls puppy PP40 overnight while she still fitted but at home when she outgrew that she went into a soft crate overnight. Not sure I'd have left a 4-5 month old BC in a soft crate at a trial for instance or while out but overnight she was fine. Having said that I did have to buy a new cover for one of my K9+ crates after she decided to chew the door off while it was just set up at home and she wasn't actually in it. Crazy puppy.

Edited by ness

Guest crazydoglady99

I feel an uncontrollable urge to buy a K9+ Royale crate!!

Soo.. how many crates do I need to order - so that you'll ship mumma Seven in with them?? Legend or Dance would be completely acceptable also??

Pleeeaaaaassssse.....

Just to support this - I used my girls puppy PP40 overnight while she still fitted but at home when she outgrew that she went into a soft crate overnight. Not sure I'd have left a 4-5 month old BC in a soft crate at a trial for instance or while out but overnight she was fine. Having said that I did have to buy a new cover for one of my K9+ crates after she decided to chew the door off while it was just set up at home and she wasn't actually in it. Crazy puppy.

Good point Ness and one I always raise with people wanting one of our crates for a puppy or a dog who chews... I always say if your intending on allowing unsupervised open access to the crate, then no, this product is not suitable for your dog. the dog must be locked inside or not able to access. Puppies treat soft crates as a giant chew toy from the outside and from the inside, if the door open held open they will lay down with the zipper at mouth level and chew on it :)

Again, it comes down to intended application and the amount of time, supervision and commitment the owner has, less about the puppy or dog itself.

I feel an uncontrollable urge to buy a K9+ Royale crate!!

Soo.. how many crates do I need to order - so that you'll ship mumma Seven in with them?? Legend or Dance would be completely acceptable also??

Pleeeaaaaassssse.....

LOL, so cute AL, love it. Uhm, let's see, you can have all three of them and take over the business actually while you are at it... I need a holiday :thumbsup:

While on topic, both Legend and Story took out their baby Puppy classes on the weekend and Story won BPISS. so thrilled :)

Guest crazydoglady99

Great news Starkehre!! Well done Legend & Story!

You got a deal!! I'll send my address & creditcard pronto!

Great news Starkehre!! Well done Legend & Story!

You got a deal!! I'll send my address & creditcard pronto!

Thank you :)

Awesome. I'll be up your way in September anyway, I'll drop them off then :laugh:

Edited by Starkehre

Guest crazydoglady99

Hahaha perfect!!

Crates do look fantastic btw. I had a lovely browse around your store - seems to be missing a few rotti's in crates pics though... As soon as I figure out where I can fit one (plus the rotti's) I'll be ordering me one!

Hahaha perfect!!

Crates do look fantastic btw. I had a lovely browse around your store - seems to be missing a few rotti's in crates pics though... As soon as I figure out where I can fit one (plus the rotti's) I'll be ordering me one!

No probs :) Yeh Rottis make terrible models cause they are so dark :( I'll spray one white, that will help :)

Thanks TSD. Actually soft styled crates can work perfectly well for young puppies. It depends entirely on the intended crating application and on the owner, their time, commitment and plan.

That said I always find out these things and many more before I would advise that a customer get one of our crates for a youngster or not. I am the first to suggest a steel crate if I don't believe the owner is up to the training and scenario required for a soft styled crate. For us it is all about the right tool for the job, not closing a sale. I have people thank us for advising them away from one of our crates if the situation or application raises any red or even orange flags for us.

But Eza's puppy is a Dalmatian...I'm sticking with no way :laugh:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Good point Ness and one I always raise with people wanting one of our crates for a puppy or a dog who chews... I always say if your intending on allowing unsupervised open access to the crate, then no, this product is not suitable for your dog. the dog must be locked inside or not able to access. Puppies treat soft crates as a giant chew toy from the outside and from the inside, if the door open held open they will lay down with the zipper at mouth level and chew on it :)

Again, it comes down to intended application and the amount of time, supervision and commitment the owner has, less about the puppy or dog itself.

Yep......

I remember a 9 month old border collie puppy parading around the flyball nationals at the Frankston show (I think) about 6 years ago. She was the most placid little dog in the world, but had torn the front out of her soft crate. It took another 3 years before I could put her in the crate unattended.

Yes I can see this will be my new life challenge, keeping him contained when hes needed to be lol

Yes I can see this will be my new life challenge, keeping him contained when hes needed to be lol

Nah he'll probably be an angel and make a complete liar out of me :angel: :laugh: