Snow Tomorrow?

Kirislin

Apparently it may snow here in Bathurst tomorrow!! Hopefully my flight will get out in time... mind you it would be nice to be snow bound!! laugh.gif

Hubby can drive you home next week if you're still here :rofl:

I'm leaving mt Margaret now after 2 hours of awesome. The snow is quite low but there's lots of fallen trees so be careful. I am not far from Leah's spot

*edit* We explored some logging roads. I started noticing snow at about 667m above sea level but it didn't start covering the road/land substantially until 930m above sea level.

The areas Thistle and I explored ranged between 1000-1100m, which gave us a good 10-20cm of snow. But it did get up to clumps of more than 30cm to her joy and surprise!

It was not very icy, so I did not need to use my snow chains. I think if I had gone another 100-200m of elevation I would have needed it.

In the 2 hours were were there it remained overcast, hailed and snowed - both nice flakes and harsh wind driven flakes. I arrived at about 7:40am and started leaving at 9:50. I think the sun started to come out then but I didn't want to deal with the glare. As I was leaving someone else was entering the road. Also, someone else had been on the road before me but they must have gone further than I did and their tracks were slightly snowed over. <-useful info for those who want to avoid people like I do. Certified hermit :p

Next time I will try cerberus road.

A lot of the trails and tracks are closed right now.

Edited by Thistle the dog

• 5 weeks later...