Vaccinations

tlc

My vet charges a lot more for the 3 year vaccine than the annual vaccine (probably about 3 x as much :laugh: ) and says it is different, although I thought it was the same vaccine and they had just changed the recommended schedule.

...the product can be different http://www.nobivac.ca/nobivac-canine-vaccines.asp ...e.g. Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv vs. Nobivac® Canine 3-DAPv (if we talk about the C3 shot)....but who wants to know really :) ?

The standard C3 vaccine is effective for at least 3 years. No need to pay more for some fancy relabelled C3.

You kind of have to if you want a certificate, unless the vet is willing to sign one for the yearly one for 3 years. None of my vets have wanted to.

My vet charges a lot more for the 3 year vaccine than the annual vaccine (probably about 3 x as much :laugh: ) and says it is different, although I thought it was the same vaccine and they had just changed the recommended schedule.

...the product can be different http://www.nobivac.ca/nobivac-canine-vaccines.asp ...e.g. Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv vs. Nobivac® Canine 3-DAPv (if we talk about the C3 shot)....but who wants to know really :) ?

The standard C3 vaccine is effective for at least 3 years. No need to pay more for some fancy relabelled C3.

You kind of have to if you want a certificate, unless the vet is willing to sign one for the yearly one for 3 years. None of my vets have wanted to.

Jules - Moss does for me :)

Dont think the cost was any different for us but it WAS a different product - might be the same active ingredients but like I saidthe old dog had no reaction to the 3 year but did for the annual (and she was a pin cushino due to cartrophan every 6 months so it wasnt just the extended time). You do still have to get the kennel cough each year.