Help And Advice Needed Please

Loba

I do know of a pet sitter that minds dogs in her home. All the reports I have heard about her and the care she provides have been excellent.

There would be someone home with the dog pretty much all the time. She is located in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, I can pass on her details if you are interested.

If you do leave your dog with someone, I too encourage the legal agreement. I know a lady at work who went oversea for work. She had people house sit with her dog. When she got back they kept the dog. They felt they couldn't part with it as they became very fond of it. Long story short she went to the police but dogs ate or are not considered property - and whichever way it was m, it meant she had very little chance of getting the dog back through the police or courts with no signed agreement.

Get a house sitter. For example someone from Happy House Sitters

For a long sit like that, you would like have A LOT of offers from very experienced people who have police checks and lots of experience with dogs. You put an ad up for free and get to scroll through all of the applicants and meet them and discuss the arrangement that you want (ie. division of costs and car etc). The more professional house/dog sitters will have their own contract or form so you can agree of things like emergency vet visits (eg. if you're not contactable) and they'll likely send you lots of photo updates through WhatsApp.

Another option is Find a Dog Minder although I think it's much more common for shorter stays.

I have used both options and have had great success.