Pacific Pet Supplies

Trishm

I've purchased Adaptil refills and Sentry collars from them (last time probably over a year ago). Never had an issue.

Do the Adaptil collars work? Thinking of getting one for my girl as she is a little anxious and over excited at the same time. Thanks!

I've purchased Adaptil refills and Sentry collars from them (last time probably over a year ago). Never had an issue.

Do the Adaptil collars work? Thinking of getting one for my girl as she is a little anxious and over excited at the same time. Thanks!

In my experience it's a very individual thing. We used them for my last bitch when she had to live with a family member and her dog - we had two pushy bitches in the house - I don't think it made a difference but it was a condition of her living there.

The diffuses might be better...

I've heard a number of people over the years say they have seen great results with Cats using the feline version - and I have met the occasional person who says the doggy version works ...

Spose it's worth a shot.

Yeah it does seem to work for some and not others. I know of someone who has to replace it at the 3 week mark (instead of the standard month) as there's a distinct change in the dog. I'm still not 100% convinced that it's helping my dog, but I don't want to change multiple things at once.

Some dogs get confused or agitated by the scent. We have to air ours for a bit when the package is opened, as it has a chemical smell that my dog finds aversive.

In terms of products, each kind of suits different applications.

Diffuser - good for the dog when only needed in a particular room, e.g. a dog with separation anxiety or who spends the vast majority of their time in one room and isn't anxious outside the home.

Collar - good for a dog who needs support wherever he goes, in or out of the house or in multiple rooms (presumably cheaper than multiple diffusers)

Spray - only lasts a couple of hours, so best for situational things, like going for a walk or a show, traveling in the car, going to the vet. NB you spray a bandana or blanket or something not the dog. :)

There's more information on the Adaptil website.

Edited by Papillon Kisses

I use adaptil sprays on challenging days. I've yet to decide if it's a placebo affect brought on me being calmer or the dog herself being calmer - but she tends to better with the added support.

I've been buying from petbarn, might try this pricematching mentioned upthread...