Rest In Peace My Little Miss Muppet

~Anne~

Dearnlea Sophies Choice - Olivia

14/10/2004 - 5/7/2016

After a short battle, my little Oliva has gone to the bridge to join Boofy, Monte and Molly.

Olivia came to me on 10 August 2009 as a rescue, in the days when I ran Pug Rescue Sydney. I'd received a call from a vet in regional nsw asking if I could take her in. She wasn't in great shape and had a large stone blocking her bladder. She'd had surgery to remove a stone in a similar situation less an 12 months before. She was badly infected and appeared to have been that way for longer than she should have been.

I had every intention of rehoming her when we got her right. She had the bladder operation and then underwent further surgery for her breathing. While she was recovering I fell in love. She stayed with me. She was the only rescue I took in that stayed. She belonged with us.

She was naughty. Oh, so naughty! She was the only dog I have ever met that had a sense of humour. You could see that glint in her eyes as she laughed at her own antics. She never stopped. Until 9 weeks ago she was still chasing toys around the house and playing like a 6 month old puppy.

She wasn't the prettiest of pugs, with a wry jaw and her tongue poking out, but what she lacked in visual, she more than made up in personality. Olivia was personality plus.

Last year she became an only dog. I was worried how she would cope. The first few weeks after Boof died she worried me but she soon settled in to be a solo flyer. Now she's back with the boys, and with Molly our cat. My little girl is gone. :cry:

post-3413-0-51417000-1467703858_thumb.jpeg

post-3413-0-14891400-1467703871_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ~Anne~

I have been following Olivia's journey and I feel for your loss of such a treasure.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder for beauty is not skin deep, it is the character that makes them beautiful.

:hug: :hug: to you and yours and precious precious baby girl fly with the :angel: to the :rainbowbridge: to where all your buddies are waiting to see you again.