Marshall - Dally Pup

Eza

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so first question. Do they ever stop biting haha.

Also having a little trouble with alone time but hes come from a litter of 10 so expected lol.

:laugh: ok so for biting just calm, calm, calm. Stop playing. I do this as a separate game actually with a tug toy - lots of play and the minute they nip just freeze. When they stop then play again. Much more controlled way to teach it. As for being alone, make sure he's tired - both physically and mentally - then put him in his pen with stuffed food toys or half a chicken frame and he will hopefully eat and then pass out.

Marshall is amazing to train, so willing to please.

Biting is less but obsessed with shoes. Even those being worn lol.

Struggling with being separated, really working on it but he's not happy with it lol

Marshall is amazing to train, so willing to please.

Biting is less but obsessed with shoes. Even those being worn lol.

Struggling with being separated, really working on it but he's not happy with it lol

My parents' puppy is struggling with that too! He cries if he can't see my mum even if he's in the same room. How are you working on it?

Also, we need more pictures of Marshall!

Currently we are just letting him cry it out, I'm also extending the time I'm away from home (less heartbreaking for me). He's toileted, fed, got his crate and an open area for him so it's just self calming like a baby has too.

When he's outside and distracted I leave him there until he gets upset, about 5 mins now. Was 2 seconds the first day lol.

Photos I can do ????

• 2 weeks later...

Toilet training is good, almost there ???? Only ever pooped in the house once, thankfully. Wees he can hold a bit longer but we know his signs or he sits at the back gate whining.

Nipping/biting he's responding to no more so less incidents, still steals off with shoes and clothing but drops them.

Photos I can do ????