Dog Bites Dog That Puts Paw Under Fence

Very hard week for you. Be guided by the ranger's assessment then that it was an accident and you have now done what you can to avoid another. Ignore the neighbour's demands and let him learn his own lesson. I know when new dogs moved in next to us and Tempeh went a bit crazy trying to check them out through the fence gaps we put barriers up the same day. That is what good owner's do when their dogs are being bad. If Ivy did bite the paws of a rabid rat trying to get through the fence then don't think badly of her feeling the need to protect her home. First nip and the rat should've retreated anyway.

I've been misunderstood.

Don't worry about it.

Ive got Maremma. I have two boundary fences - one has just ordinary farm clip lock fencing in good repair and the more interior fence has clip lock with bird wire over it .There is 15 metres between the two boundary fences - which cost me a packet by the way. Anyway Some idiot walks their dog on the showground behind my property. Their dog gets through the first fence so the Maremma start yelling at it to bugger off - instead the dog gets a bit of its head inside the second fence at the corner where the tie wire is easier to break which attaches the bird wire to the clip lock.

So the owner turns up to my house with a vet bill of $300 which he tells me I have to pay because my dog bit his and he wants it declared a dangerous dog. One thing led to another and I told him he was lucky thats all the dog did and if it had come any further it would be dead .Thats why I have my own dogs to defend me and my property I threatened to let the dogs out on him if he didn't bugger off and wake up to himself.

Of course I wasn't paying his vet bill and that's just how I think about your wombat neighbour .No one in their right mind would expect you to pay for something that you did everything to prevent when its on your property. Even if there is a gap its not your dog getting out and its his dog getting on your side!

Tell him to suck a budgie.

Turns out she had pyo and we opted to pts

That is so sad. You're doing the best you can.

I feel like crap when someone beeps at me on the road when I was doing nothing wrong... sigh. I need more resilience and maybe to listen to Taylor Swift "Shake it off" another thousand times...

Don't let the bastards (bad neighbours) get you down...

[quote name='Mrs Rusty Bucket'

p.s - Our younger rescue Labrador become sick very quickly. Turns out she had pyo and we opted to pts due to the uncertain surgery costs. Worst decision I have had to make, then yesterday I had to have our 15 year old Labrador pts as his quality of life was nil. And I have had the Ivy issue hanging over my head. I couldn't imagine Ivy ever biting another dog :(

What a dreadful time you are going through at the moment. Take care of yourself and im sure things will be alright xxx dont worry about the neighbor he's in the wrong, not you. You'll obviously fence off parts of the fence so ivy can't continue fighting at it, and it will all settle down. Good luck ☺