Howie Stolen

twodoggies2001

I live near a small town, and reasonably often go shopping at another larger (though still rural) town. I quite often leave whichever dog I have with me tied up out the front, though never out of line of sight. I also always make sure that if they are tied to a signpost etc that there is plenty of room for people to get past without having to interact with my dog, and also a short enough lead that they can't get even close to the road.

I am comfortable doing it this way where I live, but I would never even consider it in suburbia/city.

On a similar side note though, I stopped at the general store on the way in to melbourne the other week, and I got out, left the car running (with one of the dogs on the back seat), and as I approached the door realised I still had my rattie on my shoulder. Popped him down on the bench at the front of the store while I went in and got a drink. He was perfectly fine (if a little confused as to why I'd put him down only to pick him up again 30 seconds later!)

I do so love living in the country!!

I saw 5 young kids tie up 3 Shih Tzu's outside a shop in Jerrabomberra/Queanbeyan area and tracked them inside Woollies and told them to NEVER tie the dogs up outside as some dogs have been stolen, well they took off quick smart and am sure they will NEVER do it again.

Good on you. I see dogs tied up outside our local shopping complex all the time. Just so full of dangers to the dogs' welfare & safety. All shapes & sizes... this week I've seen a Shih Tzu cross & on another day, a lovely chocolate Labrador. I'm going shopping this afternoon & sure bet I'll see one.

I don't think it's an excuse to say, 'no other choice'. Separate taking a dog for a walk under your control all the time... & going to do the shopping.

This ^^^^ thumbsup1.gif