The Dogs Of Dol

grizabella

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Idiot Dog- born neurologically a bit.. different- blind in one eye, epilepsy, a few other things- was destined for a one-way trip to the vet as a puppy. He was fairly well-bred (Cosmic Chief x Kyra Shiraz) but was obviously never going to race. My meat lady heard about him from a trainer who was a customer of hers and she nagged him into letting me take Idiot Dog/Bosley/Roger/Shit-Head.

He definitely hasn't been an easy dog with all his health issues and behavioural quirks but that little face..

28608249436_e854f3c7e6.jpg

Cuddling with his boss/self-appointed mum, The Shitty Whippet

28534126752_852bc1306d.jpg

The OH made me promise not to post this photo of the Shitty Whippet on Facebook :D (technically I haven't broken my promise!)

28534127782_0a756798d5.jpg

The Shitty Whippet was supposed to be a birthday present for me a few years ago but the OH -he of the "we don't need more dogs"- fell totally in love with her and she's now his dog. Worryingly, she has started turning him into a crazy whippet man/snob and I suspect more shitty whippets are in our future :scared:

28534168962_e4433263f6.jpg

Besides those two, we also have three foster hounds. all greyhounds- Grace, 11; Jelly, 6; Spotty Dawg, 6.

This is my youngest, Harley. Harley is a Polish Lowland Sheepdog (PON). A total comedian who has recently passed his herding instinct test. Now just waiting for the sheep! Love this little guy :D

post-6132-0-45417900-1469847353_thumb.jpeg

Some folks will be wondering how you get PON out of Polish Lowland sheepdog. Does the N stand for nizziny by any chance?

Cute boy. I worked at a kernel that housed a couple out of quarantine in the mid 80's. Not one we see often !

This is my youngest, Harley. Harley is a Polish Lowland Sheepdog (PON). A total comedian who has recently passed his herding instinct test. Now just waiting for the sheep! Love this little guy :D

Oh how old is he? Is he Aussie born? I have a friend with one too! They're really uncommon, and soo cute!