The Dogs Of Dol

grizabella

And my new baby, Finnick, or Finn for short. Now 7 months old and exactly what I was hoping for my next dog. Hoping therapy work and dog sports are in his future :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-20%20at%208.25.30%20PM_zpsp0se8qit.jpg

Woah woah woah...

What happened to your baby puppy? That looks like a real dog now :laugh:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy Fleming. Truly a DOL dog, his rescue was organised by a DOL Breeder, he went to a DOLer's rescue and to me as foster carer. He never left :D

Not exactly sure of his age, but he's around 14. He suffered a bit this winter with arthritis which is being managed, but apart from that he is in fantastic health.

post-10870-0-88609800-1470195426_thumb.jpg

This is Harry. He's 12 yo and has been with us for 10 and half years. He is suffering from a compressed disc in his neck, but otherwise is healthy. He is the sweetest boy and a clown.

post-1382-0-03128500-1470390211_thumb.jpg

This is Whitney. She is 10 and a half, and has been with us for 6 years. She is an anxious thing (triggered by noises) and is getting acupuncture and is on meds for it. She also has DCM and atrial fibrillation. For a girl with such issues, she is very playful and the biggest love bug. She is forever looking for a pat or cuddle.

post-1382-0-16482200-1470390265_thumb.jpg

Love all the pics. DOL certainly has magnificent looking dogs :thumbsup:

Edited by Flashsmum

Kestrel is in fact Ping's younger sister. She has her dad's colouring and is closer to his size. Her ears are a bit big and heavy and don't look like they are going to make it upright, but she's only here to run, so doesn't matter. :) She is 10 months old and a pile of hard muscle.

28793948721_cd957ded22.jpg

The ears pop up sometimes, though. She is a fun little office buddy.

28262953913_e043ceb1b8.jpg

Edited by corvus

My goodness look at that conditioning!

Sometimes it's hard to believe she's less than 5.5kg. :laugh: I guess the bounding up and down sand dunes and all the rock hopping and chasing swallows she does pays off.

So is she actually Ping's litter sister or from the same mating but different litter? I'm actually really starting to like the look of these guys -- a breed very well kept secret!!!

From the ANKC extended breed standard the medium wire haired look amazing!! A little like a Parson Russell but taller and lankier!!

Edited by RiverStar-Aura