Staffy Rescue

Hi all, i was on a local (to me) Facebook page and there is a guy trying to rehome a pair of staffs that live together as he is moving and cannot take them (one is 8 and the other 1.5 years) I suggested he try staff rescue but said they only take rescues, not surrenders, is that correct???

are there any other options? they are in sydney, id take them but have 2 GSP's and a crazy cocker already :)

Alot of rescues do this, they have to save dogs who are about to die over others who can be helped.

Some will allow you to put the dogs up on their page as a private adoption.

Other than that get him to list them on gumtree etc, but make sure they are desexed or someone will spot them a breeders , and do home checks etc.

Staffs are the most common dogs dumped so there are tons out there looking for homes.

Edited by juice

I usually encourage people to cut & paste this. Edit as you wish, it needs updating. :) Juice is spot on. Staffy types are everywhere (getting a rescue to prioritise a surrender over a pound dog is rare) so these two will really really really need to stand out and the owner needs to do absolutely everything they can.

http://www.seniorsandsilkies.org.au/rehoming-your-pet.html