Led + Reflective Collars And Leads At Aldi

I'm in store right now but they're $20 in small medium and large

They look to be reasonably designed. USB charges, reflective. I grabbed a medium so fingers crossed it fits. The large was too large for us at its tightest.

I've been meaning to get some kind of visibility Thing to help on night walks

*edit* They have a blinking and a lit option!

They come in yellow, red and blue. Mine is yellow but looks green XD

Edited by Thistle the dog

thrilled with mine but its not going on just the dog , if im out riding after dark worked out a way to drape it around neddys butt and the collar as a noseband. drivers scare me witless. a flashing neddy might turn the tables this time I hope.

specially made ones for neddies cost mega

For riding why don't you put the reflective tape that's used on safety gear on your boots, saddle cloth, down horses tail, on breast plate and have rider in a vest. You'd light up like a Christmas tree then! Driving in the early morning, the reflective strips are significantly more visible than any other lighting on bicycles IME so horses would be the same. Don't think light coloured clothing makes you more visible - it doesn't. The only thing that jumps out is the reflective tape.

For riding why don't you put the reflective tape that's used on safety gear on your boots, saddle cloth, down horses tail, on breast plate and have rider in a vest. You'd light up like a Christmas tree then! Driving in the early morning, the reflective strips are significantly more visible than any other lighting on bicycles IME so horses would be the same. Don't think light coloured clothing makes you more visible - it doesn't. The only thing that jumps out is the reflective tape.

no idea where to get it ?

I bought a few reflective armbands from Kathmandu cheap that I think were for cyclists. I loop them around my upper arms and the leash (up the top and down the bottom) just to help us remain visible. I know from getting too close to walkers that some people wear all dark colours without thinking how well headlights pick it up on a really dark night - they just don't think/realise. I'm sure I've done it too. Love Thistle in the new get up!

I saw these in the catalogue and wanted to check em out but didn't have a chance to pop down to Aldi today. Thistle looks very pleased with herself. :)

Breeze has a light up pendant from Flashdog. It can be set to shine steady or flash quickly. It is really bright!!! I clip it to the leash attachment on her harness and we light up like whoa!

Edited by silentchild

.... no idea where to get it ?

Bunnings have it - $12 or $15 I think, it's about a 50metre roll so will last yonks, good for front gates etc, handy stuff.

Also Persephone mentioned click and collect in another thread as being useful: Woollies and BigW have a good reflective tape on their click and collect stock.

Edited by PossumCorner