First Foster Dog

Sprocket sure is showing he's very capable of learning! Love how he's sorted the bedtime/getting up routine with help from you. I assume you're also leaving with him an item that strongly has your scent on, when you're out during the day. Rub the palms of your hands over any toy he uses, too, to transfer your scent.

The learning to sit & wait for food & walk on a loose leash!!!! This lad is clever. That bonding with Billy thro' walking & playing together should also increasingly calm him, too.

And he showed something else by ignoring you in favour of what food's in the shopping when you came home....food gets his top priority. Is he still not into food in a kong? Finding some chewy food that takes time to eat, could be a great distractor for when he's home alone & when he has to stay out of the kitchen.

He sure deserves a silver star for progress so far.... gold star being worked on (& nearly there!)

Edited by mita

Hmmm. I sense dangerous waters, Valbitz. Sprocket and Billy look like a match made in heaven :D :D

Sprocket and Billy get on very well. Billy was never into tugging but he loves playing tug with Sprocket as well as zooming around in the backyard and wrestling on the couch or dog beds. I walk them both in the morning and Billy usually goes for a walk with my partner in the afternoon unfortunately Billy has now decided if Sprocket doesn't go on a walk then neither will he.

Sprocket was castrated on Monday and Billy was so happy when Sprocket got home. I'm sure he knew something was up as he just spent most of the night very close to him.

I can see that when Sprocket is adopted that I'm going to have a very sad Billy.

Sprocket sure is showing he's very capable of learning! Love how he's sorted the bedtime/getting up routine with help from you. I assume you're also leaving with him an item that strongly has your scent on, when you're out during the day. Rub the palms of your hands over any toy he uses, too, to transfer your scent.

The learning to sit & wait for food & walk on a loose leash!!!! This lad is clever. That bonding with Billy thro' walking & playing together should also increasingly calm him, too.

And he showed something else by ignoring you in favour of what food's in the shopping when you came home....food gets his top priority. Is he still not into food in a kong? Finding some chewy food that takes time to eat, could be a great distractor for when he's home alone & when he has to stay out of the kitchen.

He sure deserves a silver star for progress so far.... gold star being worked on (& nearly there!)

No gold star today, Sprocket forgot all about his loose leash walking :laugh: although after about 10 minutes he was back in the rhythm.

I went out for a little while when my partner got home and there was no whining from him, he just laid on the couch with Billy and looked sad. Sad is better than whining. Again he followed the shopping my partner brought in rather than noticing me when I came home. I will have to find something yummy to put in the kong for him and see how he goes with that.

Today was the first day Sprocket actively came to seek out a cuddle :thumbsup: Hopefully he will continue to relax and see that the world really isn't a bad place.

• 2 weeks later...