Needing Some Help

Ok, I have found myself in a situation where I am a bit stuck and am hoping to find a solution to this before I take the horrible step of having to permanently rehome my boy :( I now have to go back and forwards between Perth and Brisbane and cannot afford to fly my coolie back and forwards with my own fares and I also can not afford to board him in between at either end.

What I would like to do is loan him out to someone who would like to have a herding trial dog almost ready to trial, preferably for a period of 12 months. For someone just getting into herding this would be a good opportunity to have a dog that is well started, or someone that needs a worker or are experienced. They don't have the lifetime commitment as well and I don't have to lose him forever. If I am stuck and it is best to rehome him I will, but I am trying this first before taking that step.

So asking if anyone here is interested or knows someone that might be. He's a red merle, desexed, around 6, not a barker, not destructive and has an excellent off switch but a good worker. He's got good brakes and steering and soft enough to work poultry as well as sheep but will probably push enough for cattle too. I have done a lot of work on his herding and he is quite good. He hasn't seen sheep for a few years so the first 15 minutes will be a bit scattered but he can be cast and will gather stock. Registered with the Koolir club and was on the sporting register in SA.

I am in Brisbane but will be driving to Perth at latest Friday, through Broken Hill etc, but I can deviate a bit to meet people.

I have put the word out with my old herding club and the working koolie people have put it up on their page but nothing yet.

Edited by Are You Serious Jo