Nothing To Worry About

Steve

So this is the Australian Government website and no one contacted me to let me know the draft report was closing today except the RSPCA . Its not in the land or rural papers either.

My link

And this was the call to action put out by the RSPCA. on their facebook page

Have you got a few spare minutes to speak up for animals today?

The Productivity Commission is currently seeking public submissions on its draft report into the regulation of agriculture in Australia.

One of the recommendations is for the ‘creation of a national, independent body responsible for building the evidence base on community expectations, as well as for developing national farm animal welfare standards’ - which you might recall, was one of our key priorities during the federal election campaign.

You now have a chance to tell the Productivity Commission how important this is - but submissions close today!

The submission process is very simple - visithttp://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/current/agriculture#draft

You might like to include the following key points:

- I strongly support recommendations 5.1 and 5.2 of the Draft Report, relating to the regulation of farm animal welfare.

- We urgently need an independent animal welfare body to develop animal welfare standards that are based on current animal welfare science and community expectations.

- The independent body should also be responsible for overseeing the effectiveness of live export regulation and animal welfare enforcement at a state level.

- Greater resources must be dedicated to animal welfare policy and enforcement at federal and state levels.

- These reforms will improve community and consumer confidence in Australian livestock industries and the government’s commitment to animal welfare.

Thank you again for standing up for animals.

This is what the Vegan org had to say on it

My link

Oh by the way - remember the greyhounds