Nala Has Lymphoma :-(

4paws4me

My 6 yr old Bordeaux x Rottweiler x Boxer girl Nala has Lymphoma. Her lymph nodes under her jaw are the biggest and her tonsils are very red. It seems to be difficult for her to swallow, which I think may be having an affect on her appetite. My holistic vet and I have decided that it will be best to just try to keep her comfortable, eating and happy the best we can. Today was her first dose of our management plan ... Amoxyclav in case of infection (we are only doing one course, and vet only done this for my sake really), Prednisone (only a low dose so not to bring down her already low immune system) in the hope to keep her eating (today was her first day that she has said no to any food). And the holistic side of medication we are starting with Sheep Sorrel Comb, some sort of mushroom combo capsule, Tresos B tablet and Traumeel Tablets.

If there is anyone here that has treated their dog that has lymphoma with holistic ways, I would love feed back please of your experience.

I'm hoping I can get her to eat dinner tonight!

I'm so sorry to hear.

Hopefully the pred will start to work quickly and reduce the size of the LN's. It can be a really useful drug for times like these.

Spoil her rotten and take care of yourself too:(

Hi Teebs. I found your story and I'm very sorry for your loss :-(

Xyz - I'm doing all I can to keep her happy :-)

I got her to eat a little bit tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be better once the prednisone has time to start working.

Omg she is looking better already and I can feel that her lymph nodes are shrinking. She doesn't have the constant body tic either and she is happily eating today. That may be aided by the bone broth I made for her too :-) she has had 3 helpings to raw beef mince with bone broth added so far! From not eating yesterday it's a great change and she seems a bit stronger than yesterday. Fingers crossed she keeps improving