Virgin Flying Rescue Dogs For Free

sheena

It's very cool of Jetpets & Virgin. smile.gif:thumbsup: The program with Jetpets has been there for years (2007 apparently), but with a different carrier so it's really really nice to give public credit again.

I think it was only available to rehome pets before but apparently it can be used to rescue them as well now? From pound to rescue etc.

As usual though Pet Rescue have been flexible with announcing numbers. ;) It's actually 995 member groups and 3 flights a month available to go around.

quote article Director Vicky Davy

She said every month PetRescue rehomed an average 4000 dogs and 4000 cats through its 95 member groups including the RSPCA.

Good move - provided it is not putting at dogs being flown at owner's cost, especially young puppies.

All too frequently I have seen rescues pulling dogs from the pound and transporting them without letting them do a quarantine period.

Good move - provided it is not putting at dogs being flown at owner's cost, especially young puppies.

All too frequently I have seen rescues pulling dogs from the pound and transporting them without letting them do a quarantine period.

Agree and as someone who flys a lot with my own dogs I would hope this is a management area considered

Whilst amazing news for rescue, a concern certainly for other pets travelling with jetpets. There is only documentation for international travel on their website regarding vet checks and certification. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not being done though - rescue have been using jetpets already, the same way non rescue dogs and pups have been, we just don't hear about the documentation required.