Custom Made Dog Kennels Brisbane Area?

Blackdog10

Hey I'm just looking for anyone who knows of someone who makes custom dog kennels in Brisbane. I have been using a wooden kennel from Bunnings but my dog is getting too big for it and I can't find any dimensions in the off the shelf ones to suit the dog and also the area where we put the kennel. I was thinking a custom built one would be best? Anyone have any website links they could share so I can do some research? Thank you.

I know a Brisbane carpenter, who builds human houses & does all sorts of carpentry work. We used his skills many times over the years, for jobs big & small ... & he's been top notch in working with us for what we want, and been an honest, trustworthy person. He's also a dog lover, which has been important in some of the projects he's done for us. In his work truck, he still has his very first dog's lead.. Maybe discussing what you'd like with someone like this could be helpful. I'll PM name & contact number.

Edited by mita

I have a Labrador, he's just got a really long body and is quite tall so doesn't fit very well in the biggest ones at Bunnings/pet barn etc. Yeah I am hoping to get something that matches and fits in nicely at the edge of my deck. I've checked out gumtree but can't seem to find any suitable. Just thought I'd ask around on here. No dramas I will keep looking!

What kind of dog do you have? & Do you own or rent (your house that is :laugh: )

If you own your own home please have a kennel made that matches. :D

Yes. That's absolutely why I wanted to know if they owned their home.

I was thinking something like this:

luxury-dog-house-for-a-st-bernard.png

(Seriously - you're a dork PK :rofl: )

Actually - I was thinking if his dog was a big big dog then I'd have suggested laying a slab and having something permanent put in. My brother has a friend with a Saint - she has a whole garden shed, on a concrete slab. Raised floor & an additional alcove type thing to help stop the wind coming straight in.

Anyhoo.... With a lab there's lots more options :)

(And I know what it's like - My Foxie is big for a foxie - ends up in medium sized stuff all the time :/ )

I can't personally recommend anyone but I found a few on gumtree.

This guy might be a go: You could have it made to size. I'd add on an awning or have it designed so the door faces away from the elements.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenbank/pet-products/dog-and-goat-kennels/1122073925

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/minden/pet-products/dog-kennel/1121064991

Edited by Scottsmum