Rspca Euthanasia Stats 2015- 2016

Steve

a whole litter of puppies :-(

356095 Puppy Labrador Retriever Behavioural - Stressed, Anxiety, Timidity, Fearful

Lethal Injection

Euthanised 24-Feb-2016

356096 Puppy Labrador Retriever Behavioural - Stressed, Anxiety, Timidity, Fearful

Lethal Injection

Euthanised 24-Feb-2016

356097 Puppy Labrador Retriever Behavioural - Stressed, Anxiety, Timidity, Fearful

Lethal Injection

Euthanised 24-Feb-2016

356098 Puppy Labrador Retriever Behavioural - Stressed, Anxiety, Timidity, Fearful

Lethal Injection

Euthanised 24-Feb-2016

356099 Puppy Labrador Retriever Behavioural - Stressed, Anxiety, Timidity, Fearful

Lethal Injection

Euthanised 24-Feb-2016

356100 Puppy Labrador Retriever Behavioural - Stressed, Anxiety, Timidity, Fearful

I shouldn't have looked. 2 greyhounds put down for dental reasons for gawds sake when it's known they can have poor mouths and it's not becaus eof poor feeding practices either. No wonder they are saying they are going to put down 50% of all greyhounds surrendered to them if they use dental for an excuse.

I suspect for the greyhounds, it's going to depend a lot on which shelter they get surrendered to and how proactive that shelter is in rehoming dogs or moving them out to rescues.

Having said that, I've seen the first list sent out to rescues and my concern is actually they're going the other way to what you've experienced- passing everything with a pulse for rehoming suitability (to go to private rescue) and that as places fill up with dogs that are actually not rehomeable, healthy/rehomeable dogs will die for lack of space.

From the list I saw, which was only fairly short, there were dogs already on behavioural meds, there were dogs with SA, resource guarders and a few high drive dogs. Some of those things might be fixable but from my own experience, fixing things like resource guarding can be a lengthy process and they'll easily take twice as long to rehome because of considerations that have to be made for their issues. and as for the high drive dogs.. accidents waiting to happen, I think.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic