Tradie Attacked By 3 Dogs

Two Best Dogs!

I can't watch the video ...is the guy OK ?

The guy is up and walking, whether he is ok I wouldn't know. All those bite marks and wounds it is quite shocking and to see him be so calm about the whole ordeal is amazing.

I am also wondering about where the sensationalism is.

--Lhok

Edited by Lhok

He is, but he is covered, literally covered with bites. Horrific. And his wife!! The poor woman just started crying the moment she opened her mouth. Such trauma --- they will suffer to some degree or other for a long long long time.

I’ve told this story before, but it happened again today. A woman who lives up the road from me has has her dogs attacked on several occasions. She is terrified now of large dogs. We were talking today at my front fence having met on the footpath walking our dogs. Because of past experience, the moment she said something about “I’m watching that big dog,” I ushered her into my yard and down to my side gate.

People who comment about how angry they get because the breed of dog is mentioned or some such thing, need to think of the victims.

Sensationalist? You've got to be joking. :mad

Those dogs were bloody dangerous - what would you have done? Probably you'd have died, many people would. I doubt very much that the d--khead owner is going to get his just results and for him to have gone and gotten another dog speaks volumes. He just doesn't give a crap does he? That's extremely insensitive at this point to do that.

He should be banned from having any dogs for the rest of his days. This was a horrific attack, look at the state of the poor guy - it's a miracle he got out. Shame the neighbours didn't have pitchforks handy.

He is, but he is covered, literally covered with bites. Horrific. And his wife!! The poor woman just started crying the moment she opened her mouth. Such trauma --- they will suffer to some degree or other for a long long long time.

I’ve told this story before, but it happened again today. A woman who lives up the road from me has has her dogs attacked on several occasions. She is terrified now of large dogs. We were talking today at my front fence having met on the footpath walking our dogs. Because of past experience, the moment she said something about “I’m watching that big dog,” I ushered her into my yard and down to my side gate.

People who comment about how angry they get because the breed of dog is mentioned or some such thing, need to think of the victims.

I agree the victims need to be thought of. I have no problem with the breed of dog being mentioned when it clearly a pure bred dog of xyz breed. It's when cross bred dogs get labelled as some type of breed that i get upset.

Opening Headline.

"A tradie who survived an attack by 'three fighting dogs' says it was thoughts of his baby daughter that made him fight back"

'Fighting Dogs' is a name given to dogs that have been trained specifically to fight other dogs in dog fighting. It's a descriptive name, not a breed.

So-

They weren't fighting the tradie. They were attacking the poor guy.

We're the dogs fighting amongst themselves ?

Have they been involved in fighting dogs in their local area or elsewhere?

If so, was it of their own accord or were they facilitated?

In my opinion which is not fact, this inference was sensationalised reporting.

sen·sa·tion·al·ize tr.v. sen·sa·tion·al·ized, sen·sa·tion·al·iz·ing, sen·sa·tion·al·iz·es. To present in a manner intended to arouse curiosity or broad interest, especially through the inclusion of exaggerated or lurid details ...

So for clarification.

Terrible sensationalised REPORTING - is the news outlet and the way they reported to the general public,

The tradie, gave them information of the incident, via the interview that they secured.

So my comment was never in reference to him, or what he said in his interview.

Should have been more specific on that small part. Some got it.

No reasonable person would ever think that those dogs actions were acceptable.

Opening Headline.

"A tradie who survived an attack by 'three fighting dogs' says it was thoughts of his baby daughter that made him fight back"

'Fighting Dogs' is a name given to dogs that have been trained specifically to fight other dogs in dog fighting. It's a descriptive name, not a breed.

So-

They weren't fighting the tradie. They were attacking the poor guy.

We're the dogs fighting amongst themselves ?

Have they been involved in fighting dogs in their local area or elsewhere?

If so, was it of their own accord or were they facilitated?

In my opinion which is not fact, this inference was sensationalised reporting.

sen·sa·tion·al·ize tr.v. sen·sa·tion·al·ized, sen·sa·tion·al·iz·ing, sen·sa·tion·al·iz·es. To present in a manner intended to arouse curiosity or broad interest, especially through the inclusion of exaggerated or lurid details ...

So for clarification.

Terrible sensationalised REPORTING - is the news outlet and the way they reported to the general public,

The tradie, gave them information of the incident, via the interview that they secured.

So my comment was never in reference to him, or what he said in his interview.

Should have been more specific on that small part. Some got it.

No reasonable person would ever think that those dogs actions were acceptable.

There are Lap breeds, Toy breeds, giant breeds, herding breeds, guarding breeds, retrieving breeds, earth breeds, hunting breeds, and like it or not, fighting breeds. Its also called accurate reporting and it sure was accurate.

Thieves tend to run foul of guard dogs if they enter the wrong factory. There are even Police, drug and sniffer dogs, or should the reporting delete that?

Edited by asal

That is true, as to dog breed groups.

But they reported 'three fighting dogs'...not...' three fighting breed dogs '...or...'three fighting dog breeds'

Police dogs, sniffer dogs and guard dogs are named as such-

to actively engage in activities those roles would necessitate. Trained for the role with reinforced expectation of results and specific outcomes, as would be by that definition a 'fighting dog'.

Omission in language, like poor punctuation of an absent comma, can change the whole meaning of the information given.

Semantics, too literal? People do subconsciously hook onto the bandwagon, without any in depth investigation in conclusion of an informed opinion. It's human nature to reinforce the biases we may have, right or wrong.

This was only an opinion, on what that description evoked on my behalf. As are the rebuttals others have expressed.