Previcox 227Mg How Safe Is It ?

Christina77

Hi folks , I checked for previous posts on previcox 227mg but they seem pretty old.

Bella 11 , is going onto the 4 x weekly injections and for the first 5 days has been prescribed previcox 227mg to get the pan under control.

I'm too scared to administer it to her ( 1 tab a day x 5 days) after reading some reviews and certainly not comfortable giving it tonight in case she needs a vet ( fairly rural here)

The vet did explain why she was suggesting it for 5 days only , which made me do a bit of online reading .

But am I over concerned ?

X2 as Kirty says. As long as you are regularly checking her bloods (every 3-6 months) and she has no GI issues it can be safely administered long or short term. Why would you leave your dog in pain, surely you have some trust in the vet who prescribed the drug??

I have a dog on Previcox long term and have had another dog on it in the past. Both without issues. We do a blood panel every 6 months to check how things are going and so far no effects on any values after about 2 years of use. I have found it to be a useful medication with less side effects than many of the alternatives.