Tooth Growth Problem

Jessica92

Hi, I have a 19 week old Golden Retriever boy and he has been loosing baby teeth which is all going well BUT when checking his teeth over I have noticed there is 1 hard tooth like lump beginning to protrude out of the very top of his top gums (near where his top lip and gum meet) inline with his nose to the left.

It doesnt seem to be uncomfortable to touch and he has been no different and he is booked into the vet to be desexed this week so i will get them to look at it but was curious to if this has happened to anyone elses furbaby before??

He has already lost that baby tooth and his new one has come through but i dont know if this is an extra tooth coming out in the wrong place.

Hi, I have a 19 week old Golden Retriever boy and he has been loosing baby teeth which is all going well BUT when checking his teeth over I have noticed there is 1 hard tooth like lump beginning to protrude out of the very top of his top gums (near where his top lip and gum meet) inline with his nose to the left.

It doesnt seem to be uncomfortable to touch and he has been no different and he is booked into the vet to be desexed this week so i will get them to look at it but was curious to if this has happened to anyone elses furbaby before??

He has already lost that baby tooth and his new one has come through but i dont know if this is an extra tooth coming out in the wrong place.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055937 ...this is a scientific study about "Neutering Dogs: Effects on Joint Disorders and Cancers in Golden Retrievers"...not a Blog or someone's opinion about neutering....I hope you are aware of the findings respectively that your vet discussed all these findings with you....

ETA:...http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0102241...the findings from the first study prompted this study from 2014; the second study confirms the finding from the first, also indicating that the Golden Retriever is a breed that is very susceptible regarding an increase in severe diseases linked to early de-sexing.

ETA:...my apology for going off-topic.

Edited by Willem

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055937 ...this is a scientific study about "Neutering Dogs: Effects on Joint Disorders and Cancers in Golden Retrievers"...not a Blog or someone's opinion about neutering....I hope you are aware of the findings respectively that your vet discussed all these findings with you....

ETA:...http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0102241...the findings from the first study prompted this study from 2014; the second study confirms the finding from the first, also indicating that the Golden Retriever is a breed that is very susceptible regarding an increase in severe diseases linked to early de-sexing.

ETA:...my apology for going off-topic.

@willem,

i was coming back today to post a similar post with regards to desexing! great minds think alike?

• 3 weeks later...