The "want" List

MadWoofter

I've always had breeds in mind that I would love to own one day. Some of them are totally unsuitable to my lifestyle, but they are still on my 'one day' list in case circumstances change.

Now that I'm currently dogless, I've been giving a lot more thought to what suits me & my lifestyle NOW, and I've decided.... I want a Bullmastiff. Preferably male, and either fawn or red. And not a puppy, somewhere about 4-5 years old. And one that's come into rescue and needs a forever home.

Specific much? :laugh: :laugh:

Needless to say, I won't be waiting for all my criteria to be met (if any LOL) or I'd be waiting a long time but it got me thinking - does anyone else have a very specific 'want' that may never be realised?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My want list would be the "perfect" whippet. To my eye that would be nothing like the show whippet of today, she (yes, I want a bitch) would be small, under 18", not brindle, solid coloured, either black, blue, fawn ( a certain kind of fawn I no longer see) or cream, very shapely, not the angulation I see on show whippets today, and with an aloof but not timid temperament to strangers, and strong prey drive. My other want list would be for the stud book to be re opened to allow good types of currently unregistered (non pedigree) whippets in. Better don my flame suit for that one. :flame:

Edited by Kirislin

LUA dalmation and a kelpie-lurcher :laugh: wouldn't mind a healthy Cav when i'm retired, if they're healthier and y'know still around then. Seem the perfect old person dog to me hahah.

Also failed or retired detector dog lab* :laugh: it's a cool program, i'd love to have one out of it one day.

*a chocolate one

And a well bred calm friendly bichon who does rally o ????

Edited by Thistle the dog

I have the same dilema, i really want a lurcher/stag type, male, grey or brindle with white scruffer, more slender than wolfy built.

But the only ones i have seen in rescue are in other states with no interstate adoptions.I would have a pup or adult.

Years ago when i didnt have a spot i saw lots, now nothing. :(

Edited by juice

The Highly unlikely:

The basically impossible:

Another Blue. Bitch. Traceable back to my old girl (bred by Mrs Bearup - she was a Galwarri bitch)

Too much dog:

A weim - both long and short coat.

A Mal

Too much grooming:

A low chen

A pekigese - fawn or red. A bitch. Called Tabitha :)

Some combo of the above:

Akita

Munsterlander (I like the sound of the name LOL)

Leonburger

St Bernard (too much slobber)

One each of the Podengos - small, medium and large - One rough and one smooth of each (no - just plain stupid but would be funny)

The more likely:

Rough griffon bruxellois

Irish Wolfhound

Tenterfield Terrier

Westie

Greyhound (Most likely option in this entire thread)

Edited by Scottsmum

I would love to have an Italian Spinone. My household is down to me and my two girls now and they are both getting on in years, and although I'm hoping that they will be around for a long time yet I know that day will come when I have to say goodbye to them too and I don't think I could ever live without having a dog in my life.

I'd love to get into some sort of activity with my future dog like Tracking, something that will keep both me and him/her fit and active. No colour or sex preference for me I'll just be lucky if I'm able to find one when the time comes.

A really tall, well boned and substantial (within reason) pure black, male, rescue Greyhound.

Entire, which I realise won't happen with a rescue.

Sleek coat without bald patches, not overshot, no broken toes or injuries. Good teeth and gums. Dog and small animal friendly and around 2 years old. Gentle temperament, but not timid.

...... it's possible, but I am too scared to look cause I might find him and then I will want him.

One day...

Edited by Starkehre

A really tall, well boned and substantial (within reason) pure black, male, rescue Greyhound.

Sleek coat without bald patches, not overshot, no broken toes or injuries. Good teeth and gums. Dog and small animal friendly and around 2 years old. Gentle temperament, but not timid.

...... it's possible, but I am too scared to look cause I might find him and then I will want him.

One day...

Yeah, be careful, I reckon they're around. :D

One day...

http://www.rspca-act.org.au/pet-week :D

Edited by Simply Grand

When looking for my first dog I liked the Ibizian hound ( not sure of spelling) but didn't get one as renting and apparently great jumpers.

A whippet but as in bush worried about recall. Ended IP with two perfect rescues. Then a Kelpie.

I like small dogs like a great chi, or a foxie, tenterfield terrier.

Saluki, GDP, springer working. The list goes on as I am often laughed at cause I want every dog I see!

BTW, my friend is looking to rehome a 1yr old dog due to sad change to family circumstances. Said to be a stag cross pointer. It actually looks like a smaller hound that is scruffy, the colour of s brown and tan Kelpie but paler with pale yellow greenish Kelpie eyes. Quite nice if you like scruffy larger dogs. Female and well behaved, getting on with other dogs and very social. Rather soft and apparently a bit timid getting in cars suddenly.

Different cross but not for me as I want a dog more for agility.

Too many dogs and do u find your self wondering how many dog lives you have left in your time?

Skip: "Too many dogs and do u find your self wondering how many dog lives you have left in your time?"

Yes!!

So many dogs to own, and not enough time!!

I'd like a Tibbie. An iggy. More Chis. A Papillion to try agility with. I'd love to have another Shih Tzu one day. A Frenchie - just looking at them makes me smile. And at the opposite end of the spectrum - A pied or harlequin Dane, and an Afghan or a Saluki.

My wish list contains the impossible but anyhow:

Borzoi

Rottweiler

Whippet

Italian greyhound

Galgo

Ibizan

Saluki

Husbands wish list:

Deerhound

More greyhounds

Scruffy lurcher

Most likely? We're back up to four greys after Benny sent us Waylin as needing a home. Given I'm the one who manages our dogs, I'll be getting a couple of IGs as soon as there's a space. Hubby hates them, but I'd like something a bit smaller. A whippet is also a possibility.