The "want" List

MadWoofter

Papillon/s!! :heart:

Border Collie

Australian Shepherd

Maybe a long-haired Chihuahua, I feel like well-bred Chi's are seriously under-rated little dogs.

Most of all I want physically and mentally healthy dogs, but I'd also love to do agility and/or canine freestyle. When I got Malcolm I was hoping to do flyball with him, I think he'd have been great at it if he didn't have his issues, but our path turned out quite different!

And Scottsmum, Mal's can be quite a handful even when they are tiny but they are so worth it. :provoke: :D

Edited by Papillon Kisses

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papillon/s!! :heart:

Border Collie

Australian Shepherd

Maybe a long-haired Chihuahua, I feel like well-bred Chi's are seriously under-rated little dogs.

Most of all I want physically and mentally healthy dogs, but I'd also love to do agility and/or canine freestyle. When I got Malcolm I was hoping to do flyball with him, I think he'd have been great at it if he didn't have his issues, but our path turned out quite different!

And Scottsmum, Mal's can be quite a handful even when they are tiny but they are so worth it. :provoke: :D

HA HA PK! Lol

Gallomph. You can do agility with a chi. Of course now I have a Kelpie, need another but my 3.5 kg chi x did agility for yrs. Got to masters before age and the time made it harder.

Such a monkey, either flat chat or not at all, no halfway! I remember she ran at Bathurst, killed the agility for a title but didn't run the second time cause there was... A blowfly. She retired under the scribes table and the judge was astounded I didn't try again but i know her and she was saying not this time. But she had some ripper runs.

Edited by skip

I've always had breeds in mind that I would love to own one day. Some of them are totally unsuitable to my lifestyle, but they are still on my 'one day' list in case circumstances change.

Now that I'm currently dogless, I've been giving a lot more thought to what suits me & my lifestyle NOW, and I've decided.... I want a Bullmastiff. Preferably male, and either fawn or red. And not a puppy, somewhere about 4-5 years old. And one that's come into rescue and needs a forever home.

Specific much? :laugh: :laugh:

Needless to say, I won't be waiting for all my criteria to be met (if any LOL) or I'd be waiting a long time but it got me thinking - does anyone else have a very specific 'want' that may never be realised?

Except getting one at that age doesn't give you much time with them - they have a pretty short life span.

Guest crazydoglady99

Just a Starkehre Male rotti (preferably from mumma Seven's line) and another kelpie - a black/tan one. I really love black dogs - can you tell?

If I was younger I would love a border collie, one that can retrieve 100 different articles when you name them. Also I have always wanted a cairn terrier. I think they are cute little dogs but that is probably not going to happen now either. I think my current dogs will be my last.

A really tall, well boned and substantial (within reason) pure black, male, rescue Greyhound.

Entire, which I realise won't happen with a rescue.

Sleek coat without bald patches, not overshot, no broken toes or injuries. Good teeth and gums. Dog and small animal friendly and around 2 years old. Gentle temperament, but not timid.

...... it's possible, but I am too scared to look cause I might find him and then I will want him.

One day...

Yeah, be careful, I reckon they're around. :D

:) Kirislin. IKR. Silly me started looking as soon as I posted that... I should know better, but I do love me a hound :)

I've always had breeds in mind that I would love to own one day. Some of them are totally unsuitable to my lifestyle, but they are still on my 'one day' list in case circumstances change.

Now that I'm currently dogless, I've been giving a lot more thought to what suits me & my lifestyle NOW, and I've decided.... I want a Bullmastiff. Preferably male, and either fawn or red. And not a puppy, somewhere about 4-5 years old. And one that's come into rescue and needs a forever home.

Specific much? :laugh: :laugh:

Needless to say, I won't be waiting for all my criteria to be met (if any LOL) or I'd be waiting a long time but it got me thinking - does anyone else have a very specific 'want' that may never be realised?

Except getting one at that age doesn't give you much time with them - they have a pretty short life span.

But there is something very special about adopting a golden oldie.

Hmmmm my list is constantly changing and is split into realistic and unrealistic categories.

At the moment though, a silver Standard Poodle, a flashy dark brindle Boxer, a red German Pinscher, a cream mini long haired Dachshund, dark sable Havanese, a black GSP, tri-colour Cocker Spaniel or Brittany and I always have an eye out for a dark brindle lurcher type with a dark mask that's large whippet size to pop up in rescue.

A really tall, well boned and substantial (within reason) pure black, male, rescue Greyhound.

Entire, which I realise won't happen with a rescue.

Sleek coat without bald patches, not overshot, no broken toes or injuries. Good teeth and gums. Dog and small animal friendly and around 2 years old. Gentle temperament, but not timid.

...... it's possible, but I am too scared to look cause I might find him and then I will want him.

One day...

Yeah, be careful, I reckon they're around. :D

:) Kirislin. IKR. Silly me started looking as soon as I posted that... I should know better, but I do love me a hound :)

You can get one directly from a trainer, there are racing FB pages that list giveaways. Contrary to popular belief dogs of that age rarely have injuries it's their failure to chase that usually has them looking for a home. Out of all the foster greys I had only Maddie had a sprung toe which has never bothered her. There was a black 2 year old male listed yesterday, great with other dogs. PM me if you want the name of the page to join....or don't lol

In no particular order a Shiba Inu, a Chow Chow, a flower Pei and a bear coat Pei, a big, sleek and drooly black Great Dane, a pied or tri-colour Bull Terrier, a lazy lump of a Bulldog and a French Bulldog. I'd prefer them to be rescues in need of a new home and like older dogs or young adults except the last two and only because they'd be so freaking cute as puppies (which is probably the wrong reason!).

Have always wanted a Dalmatian, and a Saluki because omg so pretty. :love:

Neither will probably ever happen as I don't think I'm a suitable home for those breeds. I'll just stick to Aussies and very happy to do so. :laugh:

When I am old and frail I will have Pomeranians as a harken back to my first family dog growing up.