The "want" List

MadWoofter

I'm pretty easy

I want another is the Bull Terrier, a Rottie, a wolfhound and a greyhound.

We have already agreed our next dogs will be a Bull Terrier and a Rottie, the others are doable but I only want 2 dogs so not for a long time.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd LOVE to have more salukis in my life, and that's almost certainly what my next dog will be. Also at the top of my want list are a race-bred Afghan, a leonberger, a borzoi, a collie rough, a Great Dane,and more unrealistically, a hovawart, a porcelaine, a stabyhoun and a kooikerhondje. I can dream, can't I?

Edited by grizabella

I'm dreaming of a few dogs in my future;

Brittany (will probably be my next dog)

Greyhound

Aussie Shepherd

Staffordshire Bull Terrier (a small, well bred bitch)

Rottweiler

Whippet

Saluki

Hubby's wishlist;

Bull terrier (mini or standard)

Italian greyhound

I'd also love another lurcher like our old dog Lucy, who was a grey X bullbreed.

Eta: adding German Pinschers to my list. They're gorgeous!

Edited by Taliecat

My absolutely will have: more Aussies, LUA Dalmatian

My wants that keep changing: Tervuren, black standard poodle, another large retrieving breed (I can't pick).

Dogs I admire but I don't think I would own for a few reasons: Leonberger, Toller, Newfoundland.

A fawn or grey/silver Pekingese that I will name Tyrion - Little Lion

But actually I could never deal with the coat.

Also a Pointer, a Dalmatian, a Finnish Laphund, a Swedish Valhund.

A reverse brindle flashy girl boxer I will name either Clover or Coco.

A rough coat Griffon Bruxellois.

I have such an eclectic trio, now, that people keep asking if they are all mine. I don't think we'll be a 3-dog family permanently. Just need one loveable, easy, sociable teddy bear and one training fiend and running companion. Lots of breeds I'd like to own someday: Bergamasco, Saluki, Basenji, Akita, Canaan Dog, Pharaoh, Tibetan terrier, something that will leap into the water recklessly, but I think I'm realising that I need versatile dogs or lots of dogs, and I don't have time for lots of dogs. Love my social genius lapphund and my crazy smart and eager vallhund, and my very companionable little podengo. I'd have any of those breeds again in a heartbeat. OH says we can't get another lapphund when Kivi leaves us, though. I'm angling for maybe a brown or cream so there's less similarity. Or a Bergamasco. ;)

Edited by corvus

Teebs,we should dog share :thumbsup:

I would like a rottie too, just still not sure about size and wether i could manage one, perhaps because my experience has been big goofballs who leap all over me :laugh:

50/50? Otherwise one of us has to pay puppy support

I am easy to satisfy..... another Kelpie, black and tan, black, or red and white; another one, if not more, Groenendaels; a Laekenois to save the variety; a Collie Smooth, and my childhood dream of an Irish Setter (the neighbour's had one in the early Seventies) :D

Rottweiler when I still want to do dog sports but too old n decrepid for agility. A boofy boy one. Just love them.

Saluki (or long-haired Whippet) to lie around looking gorgeous and to buy pretty sighthound collars for.

Various obscure HPR gundog breeds not available in Australasia.

Either of the breeds we have (Border Collie and French Brittany) in black tri-colour.

We have 4 dogs and the oldest is only 7. Four is a hard limit for me as they all compete in various things. Future dogs are a long, long way off.

Other than cavs, which i will always like,

GSD- nice straight back, long coat :love:

Whippet

Saluki (have always LOVED these dogs. Whether i could realistically own one im not sure)

Greyhound (but i do have cats.. so thats the issue there embarrass.gif)

Working springer

Standard poodle (but the coat maintenance puts me off..)

Large munsterlander- i dont know too much about them. But they look good!

Vizsla - female

BC for agility. Blue merle, black tri or red/choc tri with two pointed ears

Mal - probably too much dog

Edited by denali

Since seeing pictures of Grizabella's gorgeous Saluki Bella, I've been keen to learn more about them and have added them to my want list.

Then came DOLer dog Ping the Pod and I've fallen in love with them too!! I've been looking into them and would love to one day add a medium wire haired Pod into my life.

Other than that I have no real desires for other breeds; I'm and Aussie and Norwich terrier gal through and through!

All other breeds I'm happy to admire from a far (or vicariously through others!!) :laugh:

Ohhh here we go.

The dogs I would like to own if I can get my husband interested in showing with me laugh.gif (so semi-realistic)

Australian Cattle Dogs

Welsh Corgi Cardigan

Dogs I would be interested in showing (so not necessarily own but would like in my household for a time for the experience)

Dalmation

Griffon Bruxellois

Australian Silky Terrier (probably not going to happen being on the farm though!!)

Since seeing pictures of Grizabella's gorgeous Saluki Bella, I've been keen to learn more about them and have added them to my want list.

Then came DOLer dog Ping the Pod and I've fallen in love with them too!! I've been looking into them and would love to one day add a medium wire haired Pod into my life.

Other than that I have no real desires for other breeds; I'm and Aussie and Norwich terrier gal through and through!

All other breeds I'm happy to admire from a far (or vicariously through others!!) :laugh:

You've just reminded me, I'd love an Aussie terrier!

I'd love a Rottweiler as my next dog.

Also in the future:

More Whippets

Borzoi

Italian Greyhound

Afghan Hound

Greyhound

Saluki

Not likely to ever happen but still love:

Leonberger

Newfoundland

I'm completely in love with sighthounds now after owning my first whippet.

Edited by MavericksMission

I'm pretty easy

I want another is the Bull Terrier, a Rottie, a wolfhound and a greyhound.

We have already agreed our next dogs will be a Bull Terrier and a Rottie, the others are doable but I only want 2 dogs so not for a long time.

Teebs, sounds like we have such similar taste. These are all my favs too, except I can add Zoi to your list. The only one above I haven't yet had is a wolfie and I really would love a zoi one day. :D