Coton De Tulear In Australia Now.

Roova

I noticed this ad on you know where. $5000 per puppy. I wonder if they'll become the new French Bulldog because of their rarity? No mention from the seller about selling desexed so who knows. Pretty cute puppy though. Many years ago before I realised they weren't in Australia they were on my wish list so one day..who knows? :)

"Australia's first purebred Coton de Tulear litter. No smell, no shedding, easy to care for coat, highly intelligent, easy to train, gets on with other pets, great family pet, especially for allergy sufferers and special needs families"

Coton%20de%20Tulear_zpsgpgjednn.jpg

I don't know much about breeding, but I imagine it would cost an awful lot of money to import a breed and try to get it established, so I don't see why the price is all that surprising? Especially when it's a small breed and small dogs generally have small litters? But as I said I don't know much.....!

Edited by Papillon Kisses

I didn't think the price was too extreme considering how few of them there are. I did wonder why they're selling pups to the general public at this point though? In all my experience (not) I figured you would keep pups close to home as such to keep future breeding prospects available while they're still so new?

Ah I must have misread you. This member's website mentions there being false cotons advertised online. https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breeders/coton-de-tulear.asp

What an exciting time for the breeder (if it is them). I imagine they'd choose their owners very carefully. :)

They do look little very cute dogs!

Edited by Papillon Kisses

I didn't realise coton's came with colour? As for the no shed, no smell, easy care line...no.....it's not any different than any of the other so called no shed dogs.....guess the groomers need to prepare for an onslaught of matted dogs that their owners were told they were low maintanence and as such have to shaved to the skin.

:(